Reporting to the Development Director, the Development Associate provides support for MADRE’s Major Donor program and helps to develop and grow MADRE’s pipeline of prospective major donors. Development Associate is responsible for assisting with all major donor-related activities and works collaboratively with the Development and Communications teams to achieve individual giving goals.
- Provide administrative support for the Major Donor program, including drafting and mailing personalized acknowledgement letters; drafting renewal letters, proposals, email communications and reports for major donors; responding to general inquiries;
- Assist Director of Development in stewarding and cultivating major donors through written communications and phone calls:
- With Director of Development prepare call sheets for donor stewardship calls from Executive Director and Development Director;
- Develop a pipeline of major donor prospects and monitor and evaluate progress; maintain accurate and up-to-date prospect lists.
- Manage Development moves management of all major donors, facilitating bi-weekly meeting with Director of Development, Major Gift Manager, and others as necessary:
- Drive moves management and check on next-steps, alert development team to upcoming renewals, programmatic opportunities for donors, etc.;
- Weekly update of gift tracking document for incoming donations, discussion of individual outreach and next-steps.
- Partner with Individual Giving Coordinator and Major Gift Manager in executing major donor direct mail and e- appeals:
- Liaise with Database associate to ensure that all gifts and donor details are reflected accurately in database;
- Assist Database Associate in migrating personal “journal” notes for major donors to new database;
- Partner with Database Associate and Individual Giving Coordinator in making sure relationships between and among donors in d-base are clearly reflected;
- As requested, pull info for major donor mailings, general donor reports and Board reports/meetings.
- With Director of Development and development team, prepare materials for Development Committee meeting and Development section of Board report:
- Attend Development Committee meeting, taking notes and facilitating follow-up, as needed.
- With development team, help plan and coordinate donor events, large and small, including but not limited to:
- Preparing invitation lists;
- Donor outreach and attendance confirmation;
- Gathering and/or organizing materials to ensure appropriate donor information at event(s).
- Assist Director of Development and Executive Director with scheduling and preparation for cultivation meetings and trips;
- Assist with other development projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required with 1-2 years of fundraising experience preferred;
- Excellent spoken and written communications;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Knowledge of donor fundraising software (e.g., Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge) strongly preferred.
To apply, Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please do not call.
Include “Development Associate” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. MADRE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. People of color, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ people, and women are all especially encouraged to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org