The Green European Foundation (GEF) is currently looking for full-time Project Coordinator.
About the vacancy
The role of the Project Coordinator is to work with the Deputy Director and other members of the GEF team in conceptualising, implementing and reporting on projects in all areas of GEF’s work, with a specific focus on decentralised projects, organised and implemented with the support of a variety of national and European partners from GEF’s network, and often built in a transnational setting.
The coordination of GEF’s decentralised projects with national and European partner organisation, and implementation of other projects in line with the political priorities set by the GEF Board.
For the above-mentioned projects, the project coordinator is responsible for the smooth running of all the steps and aspects of the project cycle, such as:
- Compliance with GEF’s project implementation rules;
- Daily communications and coordination with GEF project partners;
- Following of the GEF decentralised project cycle, and requesting regular updates from partners;
- Ensuring the political relevance and quality of the projects, with advice from GEF management;
- Monitoring the implementation of the project budget and reporting to relevant GEF staff;
- Electronic and paper reporting of projects outputs (agendas of events, photos, participants lists, etc.);
- Dissemination of project outcomes and outputs, in coordination with GEF staff responsible for communications;
- Regular contact with and coordination between the stakeholders (such as project partners, designers, printers, etc.);
- Organisation of events and meetings.
- 2-5 years of experience in project implementation and coordination, ideally in a European/transnational setting or with a variety of stakeholders;
- Full working proficiency in English (written and oral skills); all other European language skills are an asset;
- Able to function in a political environment and adapt to changing intercultural and social conditions;
- Experience and judgment working both collaboratively and independently;
- Proactivity and sense of initiative;
- Attention to details and organisational skills;
- Good command of basic computer programmes (word, excel, powerpoint);
- Familiarity with the EU institutions and procedures;
- Interest for current Green issues and debates, and commitment to GEF’s mission and team values (solidarity, respect, openness, sustainability and autonomy);
- Availability to travel occasionally and work outside regular office hours.
Starting date: 6th January 2020
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org