Mama Cash is looking for an Acting Officer for Philanthropic Partnerships
Mama Cash was the first international women’s fund in the world. Today, we provide grants and support to pioneering women’s, girls’ and trans and intersex people’s rights initiatives around the globe that challenge the root causes of injustice. Activists and donors join with Mama Cash to advance gender equality and respect for the human rights of all people.
Mama Cash is looking for a skilled and enthusiastic resource mobilisation professional to join our Philanthropic Partnerships team, support building lasting funding relationships and contribute to our fundraising with institutional donors. The position is temporary and for approximately one year, depending on the start date.
Deadline for application: October 27th, 2019. Applications accepted via the form at the bottom of this page.
You are a member of the Philanthropic Partnerships team and contribute to the organisation's financial base by increasing and diversifying income from institutions within and outside the Netherlands, including governments and public and private foundations. You report to and receive support and guidance from the Senior Officer for Philanthropic Partnerships and part of a department led by the Director of the Partnerships and Communications.
Essential job functions:
A. Resource Mobilisation
- Conceptualise, research and write proposals and reports to (prospect) institutional donors;
- Prepare reports on institutional donor giving;
- Record donor grant restrictions/preferences and gift acknowledgments in the database;
- Monitor and ensure the timely delivery of information and grant obligations to donors;
- Support the realisation of institutional fundraising goals together with the Senior Officer for Philanthropic Partnerships and the Director of Partnerships and Communications;
- Liaise with Programmes Team and Research, Knowledge and Advocacy Team members to gather and aggregate relevant information on grantees, trends, and outcome/impact measurements;
- Interface with the Finance & Operations Team on budget preparation and tracking donor restrictions;
- Give input into and implement improved fundraising strategies and systems;
- Actively contribute to and in some cases coordinate institutional donor prospecting strategies and plans;
- Make and sustain personal contacts with institutional donors and networks;
- Actively follow developments in the philanthropic sector and take advantage of opportunities to expand the number and nature of relationships with institutional donors;
- Foster interest and awareness in the international institutional donor and philanthropic communities on the (strategic) importance of funding and supporting women’s, girls’, and trans and intersex people’s rights.
B. Outreach and Communications
- Provide information and insight about Mama Cash’s work and trends in women’s rights activism and support for women’s rights to both internal and external constituencies, through sharing information, attending meetings and events, and contributing to activities and/or publications;
- Build and maintain relationships with institutional donors;
- Represent Mama Cash at national and international events.
C. Management and Supervision
- Project management on proposal processes that require coordination with other departments and external stakeholders;
- Manage relationships with consultants hired to support Mama Cash on a project basis as necessary.
- Strong commitment to women’s rights and the values, goals and work of Mama Cash;
- Strong working knowledge of international development and women’s, girls’, trans people’s and intersex people’s human rights;
- Excellent, demonstrable command of English (native speaker-level) and a strong command of Dutch;
- Excellent writing, research and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated successful experience and effectiveness in relationship building, solicitation and stewardship of institutional donors;
- Solid process management skills and experience;
- Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills (verbal and written), with the ability to interact with people from a wide diversity of backgrounds and cultures;
- Strict attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Ability to contribute actively to quick decision making, and to organise work efficiently and effectively;
- Knowledge and command of standard office software and database systems.
Education and experience:
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience, preferably in institutional fundraising.
- BA/BS in the social sciences with expertise preferred in international relations and/or women’s studies—MA/MS preferred;
- A strong working knowledge of feminist movements, gender justice frameworks and international women’s rights;
- Professional experience with and responsibility for project management, budgets;
- Familiarity with the use of the logical framework or evaluation and monitoring frameworks;
- Familiarity with developments and trends within the field of professional fundraising and the ability to translate and implement these into actionable plans.
What does Mama Cash offer?
We offer an engaging and professional work environment in an international foundation committed to diversity, solidarity, peace and justice. Our head office is located in Amsterdam.
The monthly salary for this position depends upon experience and is based on CAO Welzijn scale 10, (min.) € 3.043 (max.) € 4.564, 8% vacation, 13th month, and pension plan.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org