Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The Business Development Specialist supports the company’s client diversification efforts in new areas targeted for growth, including new clients and strategic partnerships. The Specialist will provide support to the Director, Business Development in the Client Diversification Team in the company’s development of diversification strategies, will conduct associated market research, and prepare bid packages for targets of opportunity. The Specialist ensures adherence to all proposal policies, procedures, and timelines to develop proposal submissions that are technically and financially sound, responsive, compliant, and of the highest quality. S/he is also involved in preparatory efforts for bid pursuits, including supporting development of partnerships and clients, tracking procurement opportunities, and participating in pre-bid intelligence gathering efforts. This position also provides input in Creative’s knowledge management and capture of best practices and lessons learned for future business development efforts.
This position is housed in the Business Development Division, reporting to the Director, Client Diversification or designee. The position regularly interacts with the Division’s Proposal Development team, the company’s Program Divisions (Education, Communities in Transition, and Economic Growth) and with Finance and Contracts, Human Resources, Communications, and the Office of the President.
- Client diversification efforts are robust and aligned with Creative’s strategic goals and mission and program divisions feel supported in their new client diversification efforts;
- Proposals are of high quality, and the integrity of Creative’s proposal development process is well regarded;
- Dynamic representation of the Development Division and Proposal Development Department across other divisions within the company is evident;
- Proactive involvement within the international development industry and proposal management profession to stay abreast of latest developments, innovations, and best practices is demonstrated.
- Supports the development and implementation of the Company’s client diversification strategy, including research, tracking, and analysis of opportunities;
- Conducts all coordination and administrative tasks related to bid pursuits with new clients, including setting up and maintaining files and records; scheduling design and review sessions; and preparing requisite documents, including proposal calendars, outlines, and compliance matrices;
- Helps identify partners and finalizes teaming arrangements and subcontracts; collects required documentation, verifies accuracy and completeness, and tracks missing information;
- Tracks progress on identifying, recruiting and securing proposed project staff and technical experts;
- Drafts, reviews and /or formats proposal documents, ensuring compliance and quality control; and
- Serves as Proposal Manager on selected proposals.
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in the international development field, including at least one (1) year in a business development capacity;
- Experience with non-US Government clientele (e.g., UK DFID, World Bank, Millennium Challenge Accounts) is a definite advantage;
- BA or equivalent in international relations, development economics, or a related field;
- Demonstrated skills in proposal coordination/management and development;
- Experience in writing, editing, reviewing, and/or evaluating technical proposal segments and cost proposals;
- Excellent technical skills in written and verbal communications;
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Competent in using MS software, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint; and
- Commitment to high performance and values-driven work environment.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficiency in second language (French, Spanish, or Arabic);
- Experience with foundation fundraising, public-private partnerships, or corporate ESG; and
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of Creative’s technical areas, including field-based experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org