The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Representation Office in Brussels, Belgium represents UNDP both vis-à-vis the EU and the Government of Belgium and plays an active role in facilitating a unified and coherent action of the more than 20 UN organizations represented in Brussels. Since 2004, the EC-UNDP inter-institutional relationship has been guided by a Strategic Partnership, focused on governance, and conflict prevention and recovery.
The Office is looking to reinforce its capacity in dealing with the administration, general organization and follow up to a range of representational, policy and programme initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual must be self-motivated, with the capacity to take initiatives. He/she must have a good sense of self-organization and flexibility. With excellent communications skills, s/he should be able to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Under the overall supervision of the Deputy Director and the direct supervision of the Assistant to Director, the individual will deliver the following:
Administrative support to the Regional Focal Points
• Prepare logistical administrative and financial arrangements, for meetings, events and workshops organized by the Office;
• Support the Regional Bureaus in managing calendars and scheduling appointments and meetings, including for visiting colleagues;
• Arrange travel/hotel accommodation and other logistics;
• Support in the organization of official events/hospitality (lunches, dinners);
• Print document, prepare meeting rooms, file documents;
• Interact with catering companies and suppliers;
• Prepare invitation letters.
Facilitate effective communications and information management support
• Review, prioritize and route correspondence to and from the Office; follow-up action and keeping respective staff informed;
• Review correspondence for internal clearances and signatures;
• Attend Programme Meetings and take minutes;
• Maintain Office Calendars and send out reminders as necessary;
• Respond and/or direct inquiries to the appropriate Office for timely action and/or response.
Support to external relations activities
• Support Office interaction with various external partners (governmental officials, donors, civil society, UN agencies and other partners) through collaborative and proactive relationship with counterparts and colleagues in those offices.
Core Values and Ethics:
Task Management Skills:
Required Skills and Experience
Please note that UNDP cannot guarantee residence permits or visas for consultants.
Applicants must therefore have a valid work permit or permanent residency in Belgium.
Application Submission Process
The application submission is a two-step process. Failing to comply with the submission process may result in disqualifying the applications:
Step 1: Interested individual consultants must include the following documents when submitting the applications in UNDP job shop (Please note that only 1 (one) file can be uploaded therefore please include all docs in one file):
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org