The Senior Adviser – Passenger Transport will provide both direct public policy/advocacy support for EU and global institutions. The incumbent is responsible for all matters related to general mobility of people matters. The Senior Adviser – Passenger transport will develop trust-based relationships with members, relevant public and private partners, government officials, politicians, industry representatives and other third party stakeholders.
- Identify policy trends, setting priorities and developing effective strategies for IRU engagement in Passenger Transport, focusing on Europe and former CIS countries.
- Lead the passenger transport advocacy team;
- Monitor the political, legislative and policy environment and ensure that IRU management and IRU members are fully informed of key developments with significant business impact;
- Identify key policy makers and develop IRU positions coordinated with IRU members and third party stakeholders;
- Oversee the activities of the Passenger Transport Advocacy team, ensuring that programmes and meetings are delivered according to plan;
- In conjunction with other functions develop and build strong alliances with third party stakeholders;
- Manage external relationships with IRU members and third party stakeholders;
- Support expansion of the membership active in the mobility of people sector and grow participation on regional and industry Commission levels.
- Proven ability to conduct, outreach and develop trust-based relationships with government officials, politicians, industry representatives and other third party stakeholders;
- Drive a passion for customer and industry understanding and a culture of results;
- Positive, agile and prepared to adapt to change with short notice; proven organisational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team;
- Ability to influence & inspire internal & external stakeholders;
- Strong strategic thinking, independent working style and strong personal initiative;
- Experience in multicultural environment;
- Understand the sense of urgency & drive change;
- Industry and Road Transport knowledge with a focus on general mobility on people matters;
- Customer centric.
- Master’s Degree in Law, Political Science, Public Policy, International Affairs, Business, or equivalent experience required;
- 10+ years of professional experience – includes policy/advocacy work for corporations or trade associations;
- Experience leading teams;
- Change management experience;
- Proven ability to understand and clearly communicate policy;
- Superior communication (oral and written) and networking skills;
- Proven ability to conduct outreach and develop trust-based relationships with government officials, politicians, industry representatives and other third party stakeholders;
- Working with the European Commission or in European legislative affairs preferred;
- Experience in passenger transport and tourism;
- Fluent in English; French a plus. Any other language is an asset.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org