- Contribute to progarmme design of HCMP;
- Provide guidance to sectors on programmatic issues; programme planning, technical implementation, etc.;
- Define program indicators and develop data relevant resources and tools (including M&E plan, technical data collection tools, databases, dashboards and reporting templates), that align with the Humanitarian M&E Standards, donor requirement and overall BRAC goals;
- Supervise project administrative and technical staff, specifically regional technical leads, and work to create and implement a strategic vision within a time-sensitive implementation period;
- Drive achievement of all project results and oversee project work planning, performance management, and risk forecasting and mitigation;
- Ensure that all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate;
- Work in close collaboration with program leadership to implement studies or operational research, supervising data collection and analysis and presenting results;
- Document processes and achievements to ensure best practices are captured and disseminated. This will include the continual re-evaluation of program activities and information, with resulting activity adjustments in keeping with new insights;
- Produce written reports on program activities, capturing the impacts of activities;
- Conduct field visits to all project sites;
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence;
- Set a team culture valuing learning and adaptive management in support of an ongoing resilience approach in programming;
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular performance reviews;
- Advance the M&E capacity-building strategy;
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning, commit 5% of time to learning activities that benefit BRAC as well as him/herself;
- BRAC members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding humanitarian work;
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment;
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action;
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Masters in Social Science/Public Health or any relevant subject from recognised University or Institution.
- Minimum of fifteen years of experience in managing and implementing multi donor funded diversified projects, with specific experience working with government counterparts, international donors, and local organizations.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Enormous knowledge of national and international humanitarian issues, core humanitarian standard and principles, coordination mechanism, humanitarian reform, humanitarian programme cycle, National and international statue relating to disaster management etc.;
- Familiar with Refugee Response programme;
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to manage large teams in culturally diverse settings;
- Experience in conflict/post-conflict environments preferred;
- Experience with remote management in transition environments preferred;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge establishing systems and overseeing program start-up and close-out in a constrained environment highly preferred;
- Experience hiring and supervising host country local personnel and ensuring, when need arises, that personnel receive appropriate training to meet program needs;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Fluent in English.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org