The European Youth Forum is the platform of youth organisations in Europe. We represent over 100 youth organisations, which bring together tens of millions of young people from all over Europe.
The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives by representing and advocating their needs and interests and those of their organisations. In the current uncertain political and social context that affects young people, they can be powerful catalysts for positive change and contributors of innovative solutions to Europe’s challenges.
The Youth Forum continues our advocacy work to become an agenda-setter on youth affairs, empower member organisations to maximise the impact of their expertise and enforce a rights based approach in all that we do.
The European Youth Forum is recruiting a Financial Officer who will be responsible for the organisation’s accounts and finances. The person will be under the direct supervision of the Operations and Finance Director.
- Manage and reconcile all accounting transactions;
- Encode and ensure the filing of all the financial documents such as: invoices, reimbursement forms, credit notes and credit card statements;
- Support the Operations and Financial Director in preparing budgets;
- Support the Operations and Financial Director in the budget monitoring;
- Plan and support internal and external audits;
- Prepare appropriate financial reports for all stakeholders, including Board members, Managers, Member Organisations and donors;
- Coordinate finances of the organisation and liaise with other secretariat members;
- Publish financial statements in time; publish annual accounts to Belgian authorities;
- Handle quarterly VAT declaration;
- Ensure timely payments;
- Ensure that any other person who is involved in accounts or finances is suitably trained and informed;
- Ensure adherence to the Youth Forum’s Internal Financial Guidelines and financial procedures;
- Comply with the Belgian Financial regulations.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in accounting and financial role;
- Experience in closing accounts and financial audits;
- Experience in analytical accounting with multiple grants from various donors (especially European Commission grants);
- Outstanding attention to details with an ability to reconcile accounts;
- Accurate, efficient and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks as needed;
- Diplomatic when liaising with clients, staff members and Board members;
- Fluent in French and working knowledge of English is essential;
- Dynamic, persistent and service oriented;
- Computer literacy: good working knowledge of G-suite and Mac operating system.
- Proficiency in Winbooks;
- Sociable, service oriented and at ease in a multicultural environment;
- Proactive, critical, flexible and solution oriented;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to work under pressure, manage a challenging workload and tight deadlines;
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several activities simultaneously;
- Excellent time-management and organisation skills;
- Excellent written-verbal and good digital communication skills;
- A good understanding of the international non-profit associations‘s environment.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org