The Program Assistant will be supporting a variety of SI’s programs with clients, such as USAID and the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC). The Program Assistant will report to a Program Manager. Responsibilities will include:
- Provide administrative and logistical support to project teams, including consulting agreements, arranging travel, hotels, visas, and insurances for travelling team members.
- Orient consultant team members to procedures for working with SI.
- Facilitate communication/collaboration between SI Program Managers, consultants and client.
- Organize and schedule training events associated with various SI contracts.
- Under the supervision of a project manager, draft and edit documents and reports.
- Under supervision of a project manager, monitor program budgets and reconcile expenditures.
- Under supervision of a project manager, provide technical support such as analyzing qualitative data, conducting desk research, or drafting deliverables.
- As able, in a project manager absence, serve as an acting project manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Political Science, or related subject (required).
- Research experience.
- Coursework in international development preferred.
- Work or study experience abroad preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Familiarity with quantitative or qualitative analysis software preferred.
- Foreign language proficiency preferred.
- Working knowledge of PC-based word processing, Excel, and desktop publishing applications.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org