Technology Support Manager. New York. Posting Date: 11/01/2019. Deadline: 11/28/2019
Do you want to help make the world a better place with your ability to help people master technology and applications? We're seeking a Technology Support Manager based in New York City to manage a global team of application experts, trainers, and implementers to deliver superior systems support to national and regional foundations in the OSF global network.
The Open Society Foundations (OSF) works to build vibrant and inclusive democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. We are active in more than 120 countries, making us the world's largest private funder of independent groups working for justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
The National and Regional Foundations (NRF) Technology Team supports the missions of the 22 independent foundations within the OSF network by enabling them to manage information systems effectively and efficiently, aligning technology with business process and capable people. We do this by collaborating with the foundations to understand organizational challenges, identify appropriate options, and implement solutions. As a Technology Support Manager at OSF you will:
What we are looking for:
- Manage a team of support agents, providing leadership, coaching, and day-to-day direction
- Create and implement policies and procedures for support agents working the help desk queue to ensure consistency and quality of service
- Create methods to monitor support trends that indicate the need for changes in processes, training, documentation, or communication
- Ensure that processes are in place to control changes to production environments
- Define and track project deliverables, tasks, and timelines for internal cross-department initiatives, and organize your team and OSF colleagues to deliver
- Oversee the continued development of a knowledge base of training documents and other resources for system end-users and support agents
- 3+ years experience managing a team of support analysts or help desk/customer service agents
- Hands-on experience providing application or technical support with ability to troubleshoot and diagnose user-reported issues
- Ability to create and reinforce structures and processes that create a positive and productive team atmosphere for virtual team members
- Knowledge of project lifecycles/SDLC and demonstrated experience managing small to medium sized projects from discovery to delivery
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Commitment to the Open Society Foundation's values of diversity and inclusion
What we offer:
- Experience configuring and managing a help desk system (e.g. HappyFox, Jira Service Desk, Zendesk)
- Experience using data management and visualization systems
- Proficiency in Russian
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual professional development allowances to onsite trainings and brown bag lunches with visiting experts.
- Top-notch benefits and perksdesigned for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. With some variability according to location, this includes generous time off, flexible work arrangements, employer-paid health insurance, generous retirement savings plan, progressive paid parental leave, reproductive and family planning support, sabbatical opportunities, and much more .
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.
See what a day in the life of an Open Society Foundations employee is like
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please submit your cover letter and CV; we look forward to learning more about you.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.