The Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party (ALDE Party) is the European political family, bringing together parties with common liberal, democrat and reform ideas from more than 30 European countries. Its role is to strengthen the liberal democrat movement throughout Europe, define a common political vision and communicate it effectively to European citizens.
The Brussels-based Secretariat of the ALDE Party supports the activities of the party, organises its meetings, manages its external communication, and facilitates European policy development and networking amongst liberal parties.
To support the work of our Events & Fundraising Unit, we are now seeking a Brussels-based: Community Intern (m/f).
Under the supervision of the Community Manager and the Head of the Events and Engagement Unit, the community intern will assist with individual donor and member communications and support our team in all areas of community building and fundraising. The internship provides a detailed understanding of donor relations, prospect research and outreach, and fundraising strategy.
Under the supervision of the Community Manager and the Head of Events and Engagement you will:
- Coordinate and communicate with all ALDE Party individual members via social media, phone calls and email correspondence;
- Assist with communication to Chair and Steering Committee of individual members;
- Assist with donor database and donor correspondence;
- Grow and strengthen the supporter database from its current status;
- Track supporter metrics using NationBuilder;
- Assist in drafting campaign materials and creating web pages on NationBuilder;
- Liaise with the Communications team to create: posters, fliers, signs, visuals, etc. for the purposes of signing up more supporters;
- Collaborate with other members of the Events and Engagement Unit as well as members of the Political and Communications teams as needed.
- Knowledge of NationBuilder software tool or other CRM software essential;
- University degree in a relevant field an advantage;
- Fluency in spoken and written English essential, other EU languages considered an advantage;
- Understanding of the European political landscape;
- Invigorated by technology, not afraid of it;
- Pro-active and responsive with ability to quickly understand tasks and situations;
- Efficiency, strong work ethic, attention to detail, and a highly organised, practical approach;
- Strong research skills. You know how to use the internet to find information quickly and efficiently;
- Well organised;
- Excited by the prospect of an internship that allows you to do autonomous work on projects that matter;
- Outgoing and enjoy talking with people in person and over the phone;
- Collaborative and self-directed; you work well as part of a team, and on your own;
- Willingness to learn the details of fundraising and creative thinking. Experience with annual fund, alumni, or donor programs an advantage.
- A young, dynamic, and professionally enriching international working environment;
- A role in which the candidate will be offered multiple opportunities for development and learning;
- Some travel around Europe.
To apply, please send a CV and letter of motivation by 1 December 2019 at 12:00 CET, mentioning the vacancy reference “Community Intern” in the subject line.
Interviews 12 December 2019. Preferred start date January 2020.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org