We are seeking an experienced Civic Engagement Specialist for an anticipated political participation and civic engagement activity in the Philippines. The Civic Engagement Specialist will be responsible for designing and overseeing implementation of activities to raise citizen awareness and political participation and reinforce democratic values and traditions.
- Provide strategic and technical oversight of the design, development, and implementation of activities in political participation and civic engagement;
- Advise the Chief of Party and other project staff on political participation and civic engagement components and help design the strategy and approaches to achieve expected results;
- Design, implement, and promote activities to engage youth, local and national government, community groups, academia, and the private sector;
- Engage and work closely with communities to identify gaps, areas for improvement, and intervention strategies, and implement effective strategies and ensure activity sustainability;
- Provide technical advice and training to community stakeholders to develop strategic locally-led approaches to promote political participation and civic engagement, particularly for marginalized groups;
- Identify and coordinate with stakeholders, formal and informal community leaders, networks, and organizations in the Philippines for the planning and implementation of project activities;
- In conjunction with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist, develop and assist in the measurement of political participation and civic engagement indicators, and support efforts to increase the impact of program activities; and,
- Working closely with the program team and the MEL Specialist, develop and implement a learning agenda that promotes collaboration, learning, and adaption of program approaches and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s degree preferred;
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in political participation, civic engagement, and voter education on programs of similar size and scope in the Philippines or the region;
- Strong understanding of issues related to political participation and civic engagement in the Philippines, particularly for youth and marginalized populations;
- History of positive working relationships with Filipino government institutions, civil society, international organizations, and donors; and knowledge of Filipino counterparts, individuals, and organizations active or interested in political participation and civic engagement are highly desirable;
- Demonstrated understanding and technical capacity in the development, coordination, implementation of complex and diverse sets of interventions that can produce expected outcomes;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and reporting requirements desired;
- Strong understanding of USAID Collaboration, Learning and Adaption (CLA) approach, experience with implementing CLA is desired;
- Proficiency in written and oral Filipino and English required. Filipino Nationals preferred; and,
- Commitment to the principles of inclusive approaches to programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org