The Senior Project Officer- Literacy Program will work as technical lead on literacy skills and the habit of reading and coordinates closely with the Country Office Technical Teams to ensure successful implementation of the Project on Reading Advancement activities. This position reports to the Project Manager and supervises Project Officers- Literacy Program based in Chakaria, Ramu, Teknaf and Pekua.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Organize and facilitate training for field level staff, local government officials
- Coordinate with district level government officials, donor, country office technical staff and other stakeholders regards to technical aspects of the project;
- Closely work with country office technical team for developing training plan, training content and developing different project documents;
- Work with Project Manager to ensure timely government approvals of field level activities;
- Coordinate to ensure timely distribution of learning materials to the project locations;
- Make regular visit to the project locations and provide technical feedback on improvement of program quality;
- Supervise and provide professional development support to the Project Officers and Literacy Facilitators;
- Report timely implementation of the project targets;
- Master’s Degree in Education/Project Management/ Social Science/Child Development or any other relevant subject;
- Minimum of 7 years’ related work experience;
- Strong planning, budgeting, supervisory, training management and facilitation skills;
- Good knowledge and understanding of education issues and priorities;
- Strong interpersonal communication, language and computer skills.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org