The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Gaziantep, Turkey.
As Expert for Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) you will support and advise the programme leadership and all M&E personnel to enhance Welthungerhilfe Turkey’s program quality, outcomes and impact through collaborative and effective M&E systems, research methodologies, continuous learning, and managing WHH Turkey’s key accountability systems.
- Managing the MEAL-department in the Country Office and supervision of national and international staff
- Overseeing and implementing the actions and objectives as defined in the MEAL Department strategy and action plan
- Mainstreaming M&E in project implementation and program development.
- Managing WHH Turkey’s key accountability mechanisms and reporting systems
- Designing and overseeing the implementation of the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) organisational self-assessment
- Providing technical guidance to MEAL staff on the development of MEAL plans, corresponding tools and approaches
- Representing Welthungerhilfe and reporting towards partners and other stakeholders as required
- Education (Bachelor, Master) in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience of international relations, research, social science, gender, protection
- Experience of, and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Experience of managing/supervising, training and coaching staff
- Previous experience of working in monitoring and evaluation, research and managing projects in post-conflict environments
- First phase emergency response experience is essential
- Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning/participating in evaluations
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with experience in advocacy
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and willingness for duty trips in rural areas
- Used to work in a politically tense environment
- A very good command of German and English, Arabic or Turkish skills are an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org