The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks an Indicator Database Assistant for the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (ME&L) team to work as part of a small, DC-based program support unit for NDI worldwide. Under the overall supervision of the ME&L Director, this position will support the ME&L team in the implementation of two M&E databases and in team administrative needs. Employment is expected to be for at least one year with a possibility for extension based on funding.
Database Maintenance and Training Support:
- Assist in creating new projects, frameworks, templates and indicators according to MEL documents for newly introduced EPT projects
- Assist in building and adjusting indicators in collaboration with the programmatic teams in cases of add-ons, modifications, extensions or other changes to a project
- Assist in supporting the drafting of training materials for a variety of user types in the database in coordination with the Learning Technologist
- Assist in maintaining the Institute's M&E and CEPPS M&E databases by pulling reports on database access, data entry status, known data issues and others as necessary
- Track questions and problems reported by database users and provide answers and resources for basic concerns and issues
Database Design Support:
- Assist Indicator Database Analyst and Temporary Database Developer in identifying user and institutional needs for the M&E database
- As part of a team, assist in mapping out the data collection, reporting and storage requirements for various projects and donors in consultation with program and field teams
- Support data management processes and the implementation of database protocols
MEL Team Logistics:
- Organize and coordinate the day-to-day logistics of the MEL team including meeting spaces, team calendars
- Make travel arrangements for the MEL team members when appropriate
- Complete accounting procedures for team member expenses such as reimbursements and credit card reconciliations
- Attend meetings and report back to the team on relevant information on partners, regions, or teams
- Perform other administrative duties as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in social science, or related subject;
- Demonstrated coursework and/or internships in international development, monitoring & evaluation, data management, organizational development, legislative affairs or related subject
- Experience with a combination of data cleaning & management, database support, and administrative duties
- Experience with relational databases including online databases
- Experience in Monitoring & Evaluation preferred
- Understanding of data cleaning processes and documentation of data inconsistencies
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Ability to coordinate and manage event logistics
- Ability to create technical guidance documents with supervision
- Excellent oral communication skills to effectively present information, respond to questions, including audiences without a technical background
- Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) strongly desired.
- Foreign language ability applicable to one of the regions where NDI works, French, Arabic and/or Spanish preferred
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. NDI does not provide sponsorship.
This is a union position to be represented by the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU) Local 2.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org