Do you want to join a global team doing amazing work empowering young people?
We’re looking for a Global Communications Specialist to join us.
Are you a talented Communications professional with a range of the latest communication skills? We need someone who’s a superb writer, can tell uplifting stories and craft powerfully motivating messages. Someone who’s a social media whiz with media savvy. Someone who’s a strategic thinker and creative doer. If you’re looking for a positive, supportive and constantly learning culture where you can work hard and feel good about improving the lives of young people, we want to hear from you!
EMpower is dedicated to improving the lives of marginalized young people, especially adolescent girls, ages 10-24 in emerging market countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, Russia and Turkey. As a unique global philanthropy, we partner with nearly 100 local organizations providing them with grants, technical assistance, youth development expertise and learning opportunities. Through programs in education, livelihoods and health and well-being, we empower youth and strengthen their resilience and self-confidence. EMpower has offices in New York, London, Hong Kong, Singapore and India (Delhi), as well as program staff in Delhi and Istanbul. To learn more about EMpower, please check out www.empowerweb.org.
Here’s what you’ll do as our Global Communications Specialist:
· Help develop and execute the organization’s annual Global Marketing and Communications plan
· Develop and execute campaigns including messaging and content development for all channels and platforms around key themes, issues and/or areas of thought leadership (International Day of the Girl, Girl-focused work, etc).
· Identify and curate stories to support EMpower’s narrative and highlight impact.
· Execute the development of new global and regional communications products (digital, print, etc) including project management, writing, editing and art direction as needed.
· Update and keep the website fresh, as well as print and digital products
· Post news items on appropriate EMpower platforms (website, social media), integrating with email initiatives/campaigns and coordinating with the global communications team.
· Customize existing global and regional products and content for various platforms, vehicles and audiences
· Create and execute organizational marketing emails/enews vehicles based upon yearly editorial calendar, coordinating with program and development staff as needed.
· Lead the further development of effective email marketing including list management, and integration of mass email platform with salesforce; ensures data privacy requirements are met.
· Oversee the video and photo library of EMpower ensuring usage permissions and requirements are met (including child protection), organization and completeness of materials.
· Works collaboratively with Communications team to strategically enhance the use of all organizational social media platforms (LinkedIn, FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), helping to strategically build online networks and lift EMpower’s voice.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to [email protected], putting Global Communications Specialist in the subject line. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
EMpower is strongly committed to attracting, developing, motivating and retaining exceptional talent and to a work environment that recognizes contribution, fosters respect and teamwork, and facilitates strong performance. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, recognizing that diversity enriches all staff and our work globally. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or faith, or physical ability.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org