APCO Worldwide, a leading global communications agency, is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join its award-winning London team based in Covent Garden. This is a junior-level administrative role, working as part of a small office administration team to provide support to both internal and external clients, assisting in daily office needs, booking travel, and helping to organise internal and external events. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Office Manager.
We are looking for a positive and motivated individual who thrives in a fast-moving customer orientated environment, putting the needs of their clients (both external and internal) at the forefront of their mind. The ideal candidate would be a confident communicator with a warm personality and a natural ability to build a friendly yet professional rapport.
Key Responsibilities would include:
- Work closely with the other members of the Admin Team to ensure the smooth operation of the office
- Support both external and internal client needs with general admin tasks including printing, binding, photocopying, booking couriers and taxis, etc.
- Set up meetings, meeting rooms and technology to ensure a smooth and professional environment for all external and internal clients
- Deliver a great customer service experience and act in a professional and understanding manner when liaising with external and internal clients in person, on the phone or via email
- Provide secretariat and administrative support for some external clients including website and email management, data entry, record-keeping and event planning
- Provide some administrative support to two senior directors including timekeeping and expense entries
- Proactively support the organisation and planning of internal and external events; negotiate and liaise with venues, send invitations and collate attendee lists, organise printed materials and assist at the event
- Arrange business travel including booking flights, transfers, accommodation and visas in accordance with the company’s Travel Policy
- Work closely with the Finance Team to process monthly office credit card expenses
- Work in partnership with the other members of the Admin Team to cover reception/switchboard during office hours
- Proactively and promptly respond to queries directed to the Admin Team and liaise with the Office Manager to efficiently progress any duties assigned
- Demonstrate the ability to follow policies and procedures clearly and the forethought to highlight necessary amendments, ensuring documentation is up to date
- Act as fire warden and first aider
- Carry out ad-hoc duties as required
The successful candidate will be/have:
- Previous experience working in a professional environment with a proven ability to deliver a high standard of customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relationship-building, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn and think quickly on the job, stay calm in a crisis and take own initiative
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and an interest in learning about technology
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Enthusiastic, positive and flexible attitude with a 'can do’ approach.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org