Intern, Economic Justice Program. London. Posting Date: 11/05/2019. Deadline: 12/10/2019
Are you thinking about a career where you can help make change in the world? We are seeking an intern based in London to support the investment team's work across various private impact investment portfolios. The internship will commence on January 13, 2020 and end on May 29, 2020.
The Open Society Foundations works to build vibrant and inclusive democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. We are active in more than 120 countries, making us the world's largest private funder of independent groups working for justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
The Economic Justice Program ( https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/who-we-are/programs/economic-justice-program ) is focused on promoting equity, openness, and accountability in fiscal and economic systems around the world. As an intern at Open Society you will:
What we are looking for:
- Conduct desktop research on investment opportunities in line with OSF and SEDF priorities;
- Assist in the preparation of detailed financial analysis and modelling;
- Assist in portfolio companies continuous monitoring, operational, social and financial performance;
- Research competitive position, market size and industry dynamics;
- Remain up-to-date on the trends, debates, and innovations in the fields of economic development, PRI and social-impact investing, and maintaining familiarity with the individuals and organizations that play significant roles in those fields.
What we offer our interns:
- Must have completed an undergraduate degree qualification (or is expected graduate before Summer 2022)
- A critical thinker with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft excel and PowerPoint software
- Interest and intellectual engagement at the intersection of investing and economic development, as well as in the other themes prominent in the mission and work of the Open Society Foundations, will be a great advantage;
Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- Recommended reading to enhance your knowledge of the financial industry
- Opportunity to gain an understanding of market data, technical skills, learn corporate valuation, accounting and modeling.
- Exposure to multiple industry sectors and investment instruments utilized by an impact investment space
- First-hand experience of what it is like to be an Investment Associate
- Networking opportunities such as the Brown Bags series where you will hear from intellectuals across Open Society Foundations and human rights space.
- Opportunity to pursue online accounting and financial analysis courses
If this sounds like the internship opportunity you have been looking for, please submit your application along with your CV and Cover Letter. We look forward to learning more about you.
Please note, this position is not eligible for work authorization sponsorship.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.