Based on the tradition of “welcoming the stranger,” HIAS Pennsylvania provides legal and supportive services to immigrants, refugees and asylum seekers from all backgrounds in order to assure their fair treatment and full integration into American society. HIAS Pennsylvania advocates for just and inclusive public policies and practices.
Refugee resettlement is a humanitarian program designed to assist those who have been persecuted due to their race, religion, nationality, membership in a social group or political opinion, displaced from their home countries, and selected to come to the US through our federal US Resettlement program.
HIAS Pennsylvania seeks an energetic, compassionate, and detail-oriented case manager for newly-arriving refugees and asylees. The overall goal is to help vulnerable clients become self-sufficient in their new communities by providing basic needs and a core group of services for a refugee’s first three months in the US.
The Case Manager is responsible for all aspects of social service delivery for refugee and asylee families. As Case Manager, the individual will assist client families with a variety of basic needs services, including housing, public benefits, ESL classes, job programs, school enrollment, household budgets, public transit, banking and bills, medical care, referral for basic legal processes, and orientations. In addition, the case manager will advocate for clients as needed, helping them understand both their rights and obligations in our country.
Refugee Resettlement is a hands-on, detailed, and time-bound program. Case Managers are responsible for complete and thorough case noting and documentation of services provided.
· Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in social work, human services, sociology, urban studies, international relations, or other related field, or equivalent professional experience, required.
· Experience in direct service with refugee, immigrant, or other vulnerable and/or multi-cultural populations required.
· Enthusiasm, persistence, and positive energy; compassion and patience.
· Comfort using public transportation and a valid driver’s license.
· Outstanding attention to detail. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment in decision-making.
· Language skills beyond English extremely helpful, especially Ukrainian, Russian, Dari/Farsi, Pashto, Urdu, Swahili, or French.
· This position requires occasional evening or weekend hours. Case Managers should also be available outside of normal work hours for occasional client emergencies.
HIAS Pennsylvania is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Excellent benefits, including 403(b) with a match, health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance and generous holidays/vacation policy.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume in pdf format to Yvonne Leung, [email protected] Position will be open until filled. No phone calls please.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org