We are looking for a Managing Consultant/Lead Managing Consultant with project management and leadership experience and strong credentials in the area of European education, skills and employment policy to join an ICF team that provides research and evaluation services to EU institutions. This team supports the European Commission (including DG EAC and DG EMPL) and other European organisations, such as the EUROFOUND, EIGE and CEDEFOP. Examples of our work in the area of education and skills include: the evaluation of Erasmus + (DG EAC) and comparative studies in the field of lifelong learning (e.g. an inventory of validation of non-formal and informal learning) and VET (e.g. a study on VET graduates tracking; an impact study on VET mobility). This is a senior role for someone who has at least 15 years of experience in leading medium-large size proposals and projects, managing teams and applying their methodological and subject matter expertise to a variety of topics in the area of education and training.
- To win, manage and deliver medium-large size contracts for the European Commission, EU agencies and governments with a focus on education and skills;
- To build and maintain relationships with ICF clients and stakeholder/partner organisations, including academics, NGOs and other actors in the field of education and skills;
- To develop methodological expertise and intellectual property within the field of education and skills policy and contribute to the development of our market strategies in this policy field;
- To manage project teams and subcontractors, taking responsibility for meeting client needs within quality, time and budget constraints;
- To ensure project work is completed within budget and meets internal profitability targets;
- To represent ICF at client meetings, events and networking groups through the presentation of reports and papers on pertinent topics;
- To expand ICF network of experts;
- To assist in the line-management, training, development and mentoring of junior staff.
- A strong academic background; ideally at PhD level in social sciences, public policy, educational sciences, international relations or a related discipline;
- 15 plus years of progressive professional experience in the policy fields of education and skills development within the European context – delivering work for EU institutions (European Commission DG EAC and/or DG EMPL) an asset;
- Experience of conducting high quality EU level research and evaluation assignments, including the development and implementation of research methodologies (quantitative and qualitative), analytical frameworks and approaches within the policy area of education and skills;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop sound conclusions and policy-relevant recommendations;
- Knowledge of the education and skills research community, including networks of experts;
- Demonstrable experience in winning and successfully delivering research and evaluation projects and contracts for the European Commission, national governments, agencies and other stakeholders. Ability to self-organise, prioritise and conduct research on multiple projects under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication skills, including experience with presenting key concepts to clients; both internal and external;
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and presentation skills in English, additional European languages an advantage.
Ready to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to follow the link and submit a cover letter and a CV.
Working at ICF:
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF - together for tomorrow.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org