This is a part time position that provides foreign policy analysis for combatant commands. Monitors elements of national power (diplomatic, information, military, and economic) and foreign policy activity; and keeps the customer informed of developments. Develops strategies and programs to support customer mission sets and plans. Maintains relationships with agencies and with organizations with similar interests.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and provides recommendations on existing and proposed client mission area policy.
- Provides analysis of emerging or existing moderately complex policy issues impacting the client program.
- Gathers intelligence and assists in the preparation of position papers, policy briefings, and presentations.
- Assists with coordinating actions through strategic partners in government and industry communicating corporate positions and objectives.
- Researches and analyzes program trends, identifies issues, and recommends solutions.
- May develop summary documents/briefings, training material, and reference libraries.
- Reviews and evaluates the impact of policies that affect client programs.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Known subject matter expert in China and Asia-Pacific foreign policy, defense planning/strategy, research, security, economics, or international affairs.
- Current knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, procedures and practices.
- Master degree in related discipline plus 20 years of directly related experience. In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 10 years of applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- US Citizen; must be eligible for TS/SCI security clearance.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org