Habitat for Humanity International is seeking a Communications Manager to join its hurricane recovery team in Puerto Rico. Working in coordination with the local affiliate, Habitat for Humanity of Puerto Rico, the Communications Manager is responsible for managing the development of a communications plan for Habitat’s hurricane recovery program in Puerto Rico. The Communications Manager will develop content regarding recovery program updates including but not limited to corporate partner reports, stakeholder presentations, social media, websites and newsletters; support public relations activities; coordinate media requests and opportunities; and provide general communications support to the hurricane recovery team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage the development and execution of a communications and public relations plan that creates awareness of Habitat’s hurricane recovery efforts in Puerto Rico, working in coordination with the Marketing and Communications division at Habitat’s headquarters office and with Habitat for Humanity of Puerto Rico.
• Coordinate with the head of communications at Habitat for Humanity of Puerto Rico on communications plans and content for local audiences.
• Draft materials in English and Spanish, including feature stories, press releases, social media content, fact sheets, pamphlets, and other necessary content for various Habitat channels.
• Manage and coordinate responses for media inquiries regarding the recovery program including prepping subject matter experts and staffing media interviews.
• Manage, execute and support media and stakeholder events.
• Manage local vendor relationships such as PR agency, photographers, videographers and translators.
• Coordinate graphic design needs.
• Assist with copyediting and proofreading of content as requested.
• Excellent abilities to write and speak in both Spanish and English.
• Strong writing skills for various audiences, including features stories and development reports.
• Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
• Experience with successfully managing communications plans with multiple agencies and parties.
• Ability to work collaboratively in cross functional teams and reporting to a variety of stakeholders.
• Ability to work in cross-cultural settings and with remote staff members.
• Organization, attention to detail, ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Certified as a Public Relations Professional in Puerto Rico.
• Public affairs experience
• Experience with disaster response and recovery communications.
• Experience with nonprofit organizations.
• Experience and existing relationships with Puerto Rico media.
Beneficial but not required:
• Experience with nonprofit/philanthropy media.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or related field
Years Experience: 5-10
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org