This position is contingent upon receipt of USAID funding through the MOMENTUM 3A award.
The MOMENTUM 3A MERL Director, under the supervision of the Project Director, will have primary responsibility for developing and implementing a research agenda and a monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plan, and serve as the primary liaison with Momentum 2C. The MERL Director will provide technical leadership, oversight, and strategic direction for MERL activities. S/he will develop and implement an overall M&E strategy for the project - both globally and at the country level - including overseeing the implementation of the M&E systems, evaluation, and document learnings. S/he will provide technical support to country MERL leads, and help develop country frameworks, plans and indicators to capture performance results and provide effective, accurate and timely monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of all countries’ activities and ensure synergies with existing national M&E systems. The MERL Director will also support country MERL teams to ensure that lessons learned are integrated into project implementation to continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes. She/he will also be responsible for building the capacity of country MERL teams, across key activities. The MERL Director will also be responsible for ensuring the timeliness and quality of the routine reporting of country level data into the organizational DHIS2 database. The MEL Director is responsible for disseminating learnings, documenting and sharing project successes and challenges to USAID. S/he will also liaise with consortium partners and ministries of health to implement M&E activities. She/he will also ensure the integration of SRHR project learnings into program decision making and contribute monitoring and evaluation systems and deliverables. S/he will enhance technical recognition of EngenderHealth through publishing and speaking in relevant forums and conferences, publication of technical documents, and networking with like-minded organizations.
Must possess the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Has a Master’s or Doctoral degree in a health-related field in research and/or M&E.
- At least 10 years’ experience working internationally in the relevant technical area for the position.
- Proven expertise in developing and implementing M&E plans.
- Demonstrated experience across the following:
- Development of qualitative and quantitative research concepts and protocols, including for operations research studies.
- Apply qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, including analysis, report writing and dissemination of data.
- Determine where there are synergies and gaps across country reporting systems.
- Creation and implementation of PMP/M&E strategies and plans.
- Utilization of health management information systems, including the reporting of data,
- Conducting data quality assessments.
- Experience in building learning and research agendas.
- Carrying out qualitative and quantitative research studies and experience in qualitative and/or quantitative analysis.
- Expertise to process and analyze data using statistical software packages, including: SPSS, Stata or/and SAS.
- Expertise to analyze qualitative data using thematic based analysis or other software.
- Ability to tailor data collection approaches to local needs, interests, and capabilities.
- Proven ability to liaise effectively and collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Multiple technical publications in peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Strong interpersonal and capacity building skills including training, mentoring, and coaching skills.
- Fluency in English at S5/R5 level required; French also preferred.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS:
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, and organizational, team-building, and representational skills.
- Leadership skills to work with autonomy while still being collaborative, prioritize tasks, and positively influence others to meet deliverables.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and develop technical capacity of technical staff.
- Understand and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Organized, high level of accuracy, and meticulous attention-to-detail.
- Ability to collaboratively shares information and supports colleagues.
- Ability to matrix manage individuals and teams.
- Adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines seamlessly.
- Ability to cultivate relationships with high-level partners, collaborators, donors, and country institution stakeholders.
- Comfort working in complex environment with rapidly changing political and other contexts affecting implementation.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS:
- Fluency in written and spoken French.
- Experience implementing systems for adaptive management and learning.
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of the organizational and political climate to solve problems and accomplish goals.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org