EMPEA is the global industry association for private capital in emerging markets. An independent, non-profit organization, the association brings together institutional investors, fund managers, and other private capital investors (family offices, sovereign wealth funds, corporates, etc.) who manage more than US$5t in assets across 130 countries.
EMPEA and its sister organization, LAVCA, the Association for Private Capital Investment in Latin America, are seeking a highly-motivated candidate to support its growing online training and education offerings. This individual will be responsible for various project management duties, and will work closely with senior leadership and other staff. We are looking for someone who has meticulous attention to detail and is highly organized, with a strong interest in emerging markets. This position will require cross-functional work with various teams within our start-up-like organization, and in turn, provide the right individual with great growth opportunities
Contract Term: Two years at 50% time (average of 20 hours per week) with possible path to staff role upon completion of contract.
● Knowledge of or experience in Asia, Middle East, Latin America, Africa, and/or other emerging markets regions
● Bachelor’s Degree
● Exceptional project management skills
● Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
● Proactive professional with keen sense of urgency
● Tech savvy, including expert level MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and deep experience with video conferencing platforms
● Strong written and verbal skills
● Strong interpersonal and communications skills
● Demonstrated Interest or experience in private equity, venture capital, or other private sector industries
● English proficiency – additional language fluency highly preferred
● Interest or experience in online learning, including learning management systems (LMS), or professional education/development, either online or in-person
● Experience living, studying, or working in Asia, Middle East, Latin America, Africa, and/or other emerging markets regions
● High level of personal and professional integrity with strong work ethic
● Values teamwork and appreciates a courteous and respectful workplace
● Proactive problem solver - always planning ahead in a fast-paced environment
● Confident, honest, and willing to continuously challenge yourself, learn, and grow
To submit cover letter & resume or to request additional details, please contact Megan Smith. No phone calls please.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org