This Role: The Global Issues team within the Insikt (Research) Group focuses on geopolitics, physical security, extremism, terrorism, and information operations. The Global Issues team is seeking a senior analyst to further improve our coverage of disinformation campaigns and wider information operations.
Who you’ll work with: The Global Issues team is a multifaceted group of subject matter experts specializing in threat analysis on different topics and regions of the world. The team supports a variety of products, services, and initiatives for both internal stakeholders and clients. You will also work with other teams in the Insikt Group on larger research projects and client requests.
What you'll do:
- Lead, research, track, and author reports on disinformation campaigns and wider information operations that will be published for client and often public consumption
- Proactively identify and detect disinformation campaigns and information operations, using OSINT and quantitative techniques to analyze campaigns and glean additional insights
- Identify additional primary data sources to harvest into the Recorded Future platform, in particular data sources that will bolster our information operations research efforts
- Produce finished intelligence reports in response to client requests for information
- Provide thought leadership and input on the strategic direction of long-term research priorities
- Collaborate with other Insikt Group members and senior review finished intelligence reports
- Lead external engagements as a recognized subject matter expert, for example presenting an intelligence report to Recorded Future clients, prospects, or the wider intelligence community
What you'll bring (required):
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree or equivalent experience in Political Science, International Relations, Security Studies, or Regional Studies, or a related discipline
- 5+ years experience as a researcher, intelligence analyst, or in a similar position
- Subject matter expertise in researching disinformation campaigns and information operations
- Demonstrably excellent writing and presentation skills; ability to convey complex concepts
- Hands-on experience with structured analytical techniques, the intelligence cycle, intelligence assessments, and intelligence writing techniques and methodologies
- Experience with open source intelligence tools and techniques
- Ability to effectively communicate with and work as part of a globally distributed team
Highly Desirable Additional Skills / Experience (not required):
- Experience with or knowledge of scripting languages (ex. Python) to automate workflows or tasks
- Experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Security
- Professional fluency in reading a foreign language. Preference for Russian, Mandarin, Farsi, or Arabic
Why should you join Recorded Future?
With over 600 employees, $140M ARR, 1,000 clients, and 50% year-over-year growth, Recorded Future is the world’s largest privately-held security intelligence company! Recorded Future employees (or “Futurists”), represent over 35 nationalities and embody our core values of being passionate, practicing inclusion, and acting ethically. Our dedication to empowering clients with intelligence to disrupt adversaries has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner and 8 of the top 10 Fortune 100 companies as clients.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org