International SOS is the world’s leading medical and security services company with over 12,000 employees working in 1,000 locations in 90 countries. We were founded on the principle of putting our clients’ employees first and this is still true today. Led by 5,200 medical professionals and 200 security specialists our teams work night and day to find solutions to protect our clients and their employees in whatever situation they may be facing; we assess, advise and assist from a medical, security and logistical perspective on a global scale to protect and save lives and thereby enable our clients to achieve their business goals. As we’ve delivered on this mission over the last 35 years, we have become the market leader in global telehealth services and digital health solutions for an extensive client base of Fortune 500 companies, NGO’s and governments around the world.
We are looking for a Security Specialist to join our outstanding team of security professionals based in Trevose, PA.
In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of high-quality written and verbal security briefings on request to travelers, international assignees, and corporate security managers. The individual will work as part of a 24/7 team providing security advice to clients and supporting client situational awareness by scanning, reporting, and escalating developing security issues by focusing on North and South America.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver best-in-class verbal and written travel security assessments to challenging multinational client base operating in complex countries
- Collect, analyze, and disseminate security or disruption issues affecting business travelers and the aviation industry in line with guidance from regional and functional analysts, including monitoring key crisis escalation indicators
- Set up, coordinate, and monitor clients traveling in complex working environments using innovative technology
- Support security consultancy tasks as required
- As required, conduct travel to priority countries to assess the current situation, and develop local information and assistance capabilities to further support clients.
- Build a thorough understanding of all current events affecting regional/global business travel and learn the approach to providing written and verbal travel advice and briefs to clients.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in politics, international relations or related subject, or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience in travel- or security-related field, such as military, government, NGO, or journalism; or relevant academic studies.
- Customer service/ client facing experience.
- Interest in international affairs and the global security environment.
- Knowledge of the political and security issues in particular regions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to explain complex situations to non-expert audiences.
- Interpersonal skills.
- International experience (work and personal.)
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office Suite and other applications.
- Willingness to work outside of normal duty hours, in support of team operations, particularly in time of crisis or emergency.
- Experience in the aviation sector.
- Experience in writing for senior management and business decision-makers
- Other language proficiency desirable (Spanish and Portuguese)
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org