The Foundation for Defense of Democracies (FDD) is seeking a receptionist. This position will further the mission of FDD to promote pluralism, defend democratic values and fight the ideologies that drive terrorism by providing excellent administrative support to the Operations Team.
This is a full time position reporting to the Administrative Supervisor. Compensation will include full benefits and a salary that is commensurate with experience. This position will start immediately.
- Monitor FDD’s mainline phone, handling all incoming calls and necessary follow up
- Greet all guests with the utmost professionalism while following security procedures
- Serve as the point of contact for space reservation and set up, assisting with catering orders and preparation of materials for meetings and events
- Provide other administrative support including but not limited to handling incoming mail, maintaining an organized filing system of all vendor files, working closely with the finance team to handle invoices and outgoing checks, and processing all employee timesheets
- Ensure smooth office function by ordering and restocking kitchen and office supplies, helping maintain a clean and safe office environment, and assisting FDD executive team, Administrative Supervisor and Deputy Director of Operations as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Be detail oriented, highly motivated, and proactive.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Interest in foreign policy and national security is a plus.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Kristin Smoot at [email protected] with the subject line “(First and last name) – Receptionist.”