We are looking for an intern for INTA’s Europe Representative Office in Brussels to assist us in our membership and communications development in Europe. This role is best suited for a student with a combined interest in communications, marketing, intellectual property issues and the EU media and institutional environment.
Working under the supervision of the Advisor, Europe Office and with relevant colleagues in the Europe Office and New York Headquarters, the intern will perform the following (non-exhaustive) tasks:
- Researching, identifying and contacting prospective members to promote the Association membership benefits and services, and ensuring follow-up;
- Recording and updating all the data entry and contact history;
- Monitoring the professional and generalist EU and national press as well as relevant blogs;
- Researching and building a database of influential journalists and bloggers that cover or may cover IP issues;
- Drafting press releases on relevant issues and events;
- Planning and executing internal communications to INTA members regarding trademark topics in Europe;
- Assisting in the development of outreach initiatives as required;
- Attending relevant events as required;
- Other tasks as required.
The successful candidate should be enrolled at a university where an internship is mandatory for the fulfilment of his/her degree and where an internship agreement/“convention de stage” with the employer is available. THIS IS A COMPULSORY REQUIREMENT. The internship will be unpaid but an allowance will be made available. The internship should ideally start in February and last between 3 and 6 months (exact length to be determined).
The intern will bring the following skills to the team:
- Excellent command of spoken and written English; multilingualism a significant advantage;
- Confident and clear verbal and written communication skills;
- Research skills and good understanding of the European media environment;
- Drafting skills; experience of working in a similar environment (publishing, editing, blogging) an advantage;
- Experience with MS Office programs, such as MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook;
- Knowledge of and interest in intellectual property/trademark law an advantage;
- The candidate should be self-motivated, well organized and capable of working efficiently and autonomously as part of a small team within a large international organization.
The deadline for applications is January 27. To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to Milesh Gordhandas, Advisor, Europe Office. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*