The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) is the premier not-for-profit organization for women's health care. Comprised of over 58,000 physician-members who are experts in women's health care, ACOG provides to its members the highest quality education opportunities, practice-oriented resources, research, advocacy, and organizational support. With headquarters located in S.W. Washington, DC, we provide a positive, supportive work environment, excellent benefits and so much more! To learn more about our organization, please visit us at www.acog.org.
The College is currently seeking a Program Administrator to facilitate the College's portfolio of maternal and child health programmatic activities.
This position is 100% grant funded.
- Develop, coordinate, and ensure successful implementation of projects such as the USAID funded projects, specifically the implementation of the ASSIT project to train in the prevention of Zika in Central America.
- Assist in the development of work plans and timelines, including identifying deliverables, tasks, accountabilities, and results indicators, and establishing mechanisms to ensure efficient work plan implementation.
- Monitor program activities to ensure quality and accuracy of work outcomes with contractual and grant commitments.
- Collaborate with partners to help manage the programmatic work involved with creating and implementing technical packages and interventions through training workshops, seminars and other global health meetings.
- Attend relevant partner meetings including URC informational, and partnership meetings to build productive relationships and seek new and meaningful opportunities for ACOG.
- Contribute to the documentation and knowledge sharing of program results with periodic progress reports to funder.
- Manage travel and program logistics for ACOG volunteer mentors, In-country tutors, and other College staff and volunteers traveling to or from identified countries, including travel and accommodations, passport and visas, USAID concurrence (when required). Provide logistical support for volunteers when they are in-country if needed.
- Liaise with Accounting to prepare monthly/quarterly invoices and monitor all grants and programmatic budgets
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's in public health highly desired
- Fluent Spanish speaker, required, native speaker preferred
- Five or more years of experience, preferably in global women's health program management
- Knowledge of developing country contexts; direct experience overseas preferred
- Strong attention to detail, coordination of multiple projects and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic team oriented environment
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office software, particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; familiarity with web site maintenance and electronic resources
- High level of initiative and the ability to prioritize based on minimal direction and multiple competing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish
- Ability and willingness to travel to support our international programmatic activities
- Willingness to engage in continuous learning and training
- Basic understanding of accounting and ledgers
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/bsd6q37t2d