Within the context of a new, joint project, the European Policy Centre (EPC) and Stiftung Mercator GmbH are seeking an experienced project leader whose main responsibility will be to connect the themes and content work supported by Stiftung Mercator GmbH with the Brussels policy community, under the project umbrella “Connecting Europe”.
The successful candidate should have:
- Strong networks and knowledge of EU level as well as EU member state (including grassroots) stakeholder groups and organisations, including foundations. A track record of proactive building, fostering and managing networks in Brussels and in EU member states and their variety of organisations and groups would be highly desirable;
- An interest in and knowledge of European affairs, especially the future of European integration, the policy-society interface, European democracy and participation;
- Entrepreneurial attitude to partnership building, issues and/or stakeholder mapping, dialogue conception, project development, networks;
- Project management experience at European level with a capacity for forward planning;
- Capacity to lead team work;
- Strong communication skills and ability to liaise with partners;
- Experience in conceptualising and organising innovative events and transformative dialogue formats, preferably also at European level, including hosting/chairing such formats;
- A strong interest in and knowledge of political communication, traditional and new media, multimedia communication channels and community management;
- Extensive relevant professional experience (at least 5 years other than internships) and a relevant university degree;
- Readiness to travel in Europe (minimum: many short trips – usually one night plus up to 3 longer trips of 3-4 nights per year);
- Fluent in German and English; additional languages are an asset.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send by e-mail a motivation letter together with a CV and details of two referees to Ms Maral Bedrossian, [email protected] – Please mention PLCE
Deadline for applications: 13 January 2017
In view of the expected high number of applications, we will only be able to contact the candidates shortlisted for an interview. Interviews shall take place in Brussels on 27 January 2017. Thank you for your understanding and for your interest in this position.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*