The European Policy Centre, a leading think tank on EU affairs, based in Brussels, is looking for an experienced professional who has an ambitious vision of how to better communicate the work of the EPC.
The main function will be to develop and implement an integrated communications strategy aimed at strengthening EPC’s overall capacity for advocacy and outreach, as well as increasing its impact on the EU policy agenda:
- Find new ways to strengthen the EPC’s existing communications capacity and extend the EPC’s current outreach by developing innovative communication tools and using new media;
- Work closely with EPC analysts to maximise the impact of their policy work and increase EPC’s visibility as a policy-oriented think tank through a forward-looking integrated communications strategy;
- Oversee the quality of editing of EPC publications and output as well as the development of the EPC website as a major tool for communications and outreach;
- Be able to communicate widely about EPC’s partnerships and projects and engage with EPC’s partners;
- Maintain and develop contacts with the media;
- Lead and develop the communications team within EPC;
- Help with fund-raising opportunities and develop membership services.
- More than 10 years’ relevant professional experience in public relations and the media;
- Passion for and real understanding of how a think-tank works;
- Thorough knowledge of the EU media landscape and an extensive network of policy makers and multipliers;
- Understanding of & extensive experience with new methods of communication; presence in new media;
- Excellent command of English; thorough knowledge of German desirable;
- Proven understanding of EU policies and processes;
- Track record of effective communication of content, demonstration of impact;
- Dynamic, flexible, results-oriented.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send by e-mail a motivation letter together with a CV and a list of referees to Ms Maral Bedrossian, [email protected] – Please mention HCOMM
Deadline for applications: 27 January 2017
In view of the expected high number of applications, we will only be able to contact the candidates shortlisted for an interview. Thank you for your understanding and for your interest in this position.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*