Global Kids, Inc. -the premier non-profit educational organization for global learning and youth development -works to ensure that urban youth have the knowledge, skills, experiences and values they need to succeed in school, participate effectively in the democratic process and achieve leadership in their communities and on the global stage.
Global Kids is seeking a motivated and experienced Controller to provide high level fiscal management so that the organization runs smoothly.
Description of duties:
• Work with the Executive Director in preparing a detailed annual operating budget prior to the start of the fiscal year, in an allocated manner for guidance to accounting staff.
• Prepare program related budgets and ensure that all contracts are processed with the government on a timely basis.
• Maintain the general ledger using Fund-EZ accounting software. Perform monthly reconciliations of all accounting records and close the books by the 20th of the month.
• Prepare the full pre-audit packages for the year-end audit (including the financial statements) and coordinate the audit with the external auditors.
• Produce budget comparison reports on a monthly basis and review/monitor with all levels of management.
• Prepare quarterly reports for Board Finance Committee meetings. Prepare the statement of financial position, statement of activities, and the budget comparison reports for all board meetings. Review prepared reports with the Executive Director, present reports to the Finance Committee and the Board of Directors.
• Coordinate and monitor all contract (funder) audits, including audits from DYCD, the Department of Education, and other funders and ensure that the Organization is in compliance with funder requirements.
• Prepare expense reports that are required by the funders and requested by the Development staff.
• Supervise the accounting staff in the timely preparation of the monthly vouchers for DYCD, DOE, and other funders, payroll, and other bookkeeping/accounting duties.
• Monitor the internal control systems and ensure compliance.
• Supervise the accounting staff in the processing of the payroll.
• Maintain the human resource files and serve as liaison to ADP relating to the PEO arrangement.
• Prepare regular forecast reports to ensure that the grant funds are fully spent in accordance with grantor restrictions.
• Additional duties as per discretion of the Executive Director.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• Seven to 10 years of professional experience in non-profit fiscal management/as a controller
• Supervisory experience
• Computerized accounting experiences a must (preferably with Fund-EZ)
• Strong technical accounting skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Organized and detail oriented
• Ability to work in fast paced, dynamic environment and juggle multiple tasks
• Desire to work in a youth-friendly organization and team environment
Please send your resume, cover letter and list of three references. Indicate "Controller" in the subject line of the email. We are unable to accept any phone, email, or fax inquiries.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*