Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Job Overview/Summary: We are seeking an experienced Supply Chain Business Analyst to lead and facilitate the development of a highly effective, strategic supply chain infrastructure that leverages data and processes to ensure the organization has the structure and talent needed to deliver on program goals and effectively serve its beneficiaries. The successful candidate will map and improve business processes across planning, procurement and logistics, leverage data for analysis and develop data based tools to optimize operations. S/he will serve as process improvement lead, analyst, and database developer to maximize performance, ensure economy and efficiency of work processes.
- Meet with employees at every organizational level to map out and document business processes
- Develop standardized, data driven processes to maximize efficiency
- Retrieve and analyze data using Excel, Access and other data management systems as needed
- Develop reporting and data analysis using SQL or other database programs
- Review existing supply chain processes for planning, procurement, logistics and inventory management and apply best practices for continuous improvement
- Monitor metrics, analyze data and partner with internal teams to identify process and system improvement opportunities
- Report on critical areas of the logistics network to use in managing performance of the business; including the development of key performance indicators
- Actively work across stakeholders including Partner Companies, IT, Procurement, Global Operations and Finance teams on understanding current processes, proposing enhancements and agreeing on expected outcomes/timelines for projects
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Chris Honsberger
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: Senior Business Analyst
- Bachelor's degree (supply chain, applied sciences, computer science, or industrial engineering, a plus)
- Minimum of 3-6 years' experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited structure and direct supervision.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience developing and driving adoption of cross departmental processes
- Strong analytical ability
- Understands supply chain processes and how systems interact and can reasonably predict how changes will impact organizational flows
- Strong organizational, communication, consensus building, and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to drive results
- Strong computer skills including experience with Excel data tools and SQL programming
- Experience with Six-Sigma or other continuous improvement processes a plus
Work Environment: Standard office work environment. Less than 5% travel.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*