EUROCITIES, the network of major European cities is looking for a media coordinator. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for ensuring coherent communications through media and social media channels under the supervision of the EUROCITIES communications director and in close cooperation with the secretary general.
- contribute to and deliver the EUROCITIES media strategy
- prepare media material, incl. press releases, news articles and opinion pieces
- prepare and place articles in European journals and news sites
- develop and manage EUROCITIES social media activities
- draft and edit content
- manage partnerships and PR/visibility opportunities
- assist in proofreading documents and publications
- systematically monitor EU sources of information
- support other communications activities where necessary
- experience in media relations
- experience in working professionally with social media
- excellent writing skills
- very strong organisation and planning skills
- good networking and interpersonal skills for an international environment
- experience of working in a membership organisation desirable
- proactive and outgoing personality
- good eye for detail
- excellent English, oral and written
- good French, other languages an asset
- the opportunity to work in a dynamic international team
- one year fixed term contract under Belgian legislation, renewable as an open ended contract
- indicative salary: around €2800 gross/month
- fringe benefits (meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, reimbursement for public transport, 13th month)
Applicants should send a letter of motivation, together with a CV with at least two referees before 09:00 on Monday 16 January to Patricia de Wouters, [email protected]. Start date is as soon as possible.
In your motivation letter please give three reasons why you are suited for the job and we should hire you.
Interviews will be held in Brussels on Tuesday, 7 February. Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*