In line with its international commitments on Aid Effectiveness, the European Commission has developed a comprehensive policy framework setting out its overall priorities for improving aid effectiveness and focusing its policies.
The MKS programme is a EuropeAid programme that aims at improving the quality of EC external assistance by providing EC staff in headquarters and EU Delegations with:
- Methodological support in the programming, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development actions;
- Knowledge-sharing support in EuropeAid’s sectors of work and on all aspects of development actions in terms of content and processes.
The specific objective is to develop EC staff skills, knowledge and capacity to programme, design, implement, monitor and evaluate EC external assistance. More specifically, it implies that:
- Methodologies and analytical tools for identification, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation are improved, tailored to the staff needs and disseminated including through trainings;
- Thematic guidance is improved, tailored to the staff needs and disseminated including through trainings;
- Knowledge on projects and on thematic and methodological issues is shared internally and externally, including through online collaborative tools such as Capacity4dev.
The MKS programme is a continuation of the methodological guidance and knowledge-sharing support initiated with the EC in 2014.
Objective of the assignment
To effectively support the work of the Team Leader and be in charge of assisting the various units with (i) management of the methodological assignments, (ii) management and implementation of the training events, and (iii) development of knowledge-sharing activities (support for communities of practice on Capacity4dev, support for exchanges of good practice,..).
- Liaising with EC staff, experts and trainers;
- Organizing and participating in meetings (preparing agendas, drafting minutes, …);
- Updating work plans/planning arrangements;
- Reviewing ToRs;
- Identifying and mobilizing expertise (calls for experts, checking of availability, contractual and logistics issues, issue of work orders);
- Monitoring the assignments (maintaining regular contact with experts, ensuring deadlines, quality control of outputs…);
- Preparing syntheses of courses and evaluation seminars, collecting assessments from methodological correspondents;
- Electronic archiving (ToRs, CVs, EC approvals, outputs, minutes…);
- Uploading training material on Capacity4dev;
- Support for the use and promotion of Capacity4dev functionalities;
- Providing support for communities of practice on Capacity4dev, and facilitating exchanges of good practice;
- Promoting innovative learning tools and methods;
- Contributing to reports.
The position of the Junior knowledge-sharing expert will be further defined in accordance with EC requirements and the composition of the MKS team (skills, competences, etc). The expert will report to the Team Leader of the MKS programme.
- Master's Degree in economics, law, international relations, development or equivalent;
- At least three years of successful experience in the management, support or development of knowledge-sharing tools, methodologies and training events in the field of development cooperation, with at least one year of experience in one of the areas of expertise including:
- 1 – One of the Areas of expertise between Budget Support, Public Finance Management, and Public Policy Analysis;
- 2 – One of the Areas of expertise of Sustainable Development and Growth;
- 3 – One of the Areas of expertise Human and Society Development;
- 4 – One of the Areas of expertise between Capacity Development, Context Analysis, Logical Framework Approach Evaluation and Monitoring.
- Fluency in English and French;
- An additional asset would be further experience in development cooperation in the field, with the EU institutions and/or with the latest knowledge-sharing and training tools.
Duration, location and overall resources
- Duration: The assignment will start as soon as possible with a duration of at least one year renewable one year;
- Location: Brussels;
- Only candidates complying with the above minimum criteria will be taken into account.
Please send your CV and a motivation letter, quoting the reference ADE548-Junior KS/01-2017, to Donatienne Désirant, e mail address [email protected], by 16/01/2017.
An answer will be given only to the shortlisted applicants. For further information, please contact the above-mentioned person.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*