- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Date Posted: January 10, 2017
- Application Deadline: February 5, 2017 (applications reviewed on a rolling basis)
- Job Type: Full-time, paid internship
EF's US-Russia Social Expertise Exchange is seeking an energetic and skilled Communications Intern to assist the other members of the Communications team with publications, social media, website maintenance, and other administrative duties.
A strong candidate will have creative writing skills, fluency in Russian, and digital design skills.
- Assist staff with production of publications - including writing and translating articles - about program's activities;
- Assist communications team with maintenance of the program's website and social media presence (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube);
- Assists communications team with production of digital and hard-copy promotional materials;
- Monitor news about program participants;
- Provide logistical support for staff and program participants.
Successful candidates must: 1) be authorized to work in the United States of America, 2) be located in the Washington, DC metro area by the commencement of the internship.
- Bachelor's degree in English or Creative Writing, Communications, Journalism, or another relevant field of study;
- Fluency in Russian required;
- Exceptional writing, research, and communications skills in both English and Russian;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Familiarity with social media tools (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc.);
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment;
- Experience with Photoshop, InDesign, and/or Illustrator is strongly preferred;
- Experience with website design and/or maintenance preferred.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with "CommsInt" in the subject line.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to respond to those we select for interviews.