Expected hours: 40hrs/week; some evenings and weekends; on call for emergencies 24/7 except during vacation/annual leave time
Benefits: Free housing in the volunteer house including water, gas, electric, wifi, toilet paper and hand soap.
Salary: R$1,000 BRL per month
Annual leave: 15 days the first year; 17 days the 2nd year
20 days vacation the 3rd year +
Holidays: The ETIV office will also be closed on:
- Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
- New Years Eve and New Years Day
- Good Friday and Easter
- Sept. 7th – Brasil Independence day
- Nov. 2nd – Day of the dead
- Nov. 15th – Procomacao da Publica
- Carnaval (usually 5 days in February or March)
Requirements: Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred. Brazilian citizenship or permanent resident with work visa. Bilingual - English and Portuguese.
About the Role
As Assistant Manager, you will be expected to take on a wide range of responsibilities. This includes NGO administration, project management, volunteer house management and volunteer management including recruitment, supervision, coordination of volunteers. You will develop, implement and deliver appropriate actions to achieve positive and measurable outcomes and opportunities for the Brazilian children & adults with whom we work and with the volunteers and interns who work with us. You will work under the guidance of the director and help us identify and work with partner organizations; ensuring our volunteers are happy, supported and are working effectively to achieve positive results at ETIV and these partner projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Recruitment & selection of volunteers
- Coordinating pre-arrival arrangements
- Greeting and inductions on arrival
- Ensuring the welfare of all volunteers from arrival to departure
- Offering general/emergency assistance
- Supervising some project coordinators
- Monitoring and analyzing volunteer feedback to support continuous improvement
- Helping to build and maintain our own projects focused on youth development, environmental conservation and women's empowerment.
- Building relationships with community members, networking, and building partnerships and liaising with other community projects
- Ensuring that project finances are properly maintained, recorded and monitored
- Supporting volunteers in their projects and empowering them to lead their projects
OCN Office Management, Administration and Additional Tasks
- Directly managing some office volunteers
- Replying to e-mails and ensuring that all pre-departure documents and contracts are received and organized in the Google Drive
- General office administration, including maintaining spread sheets, book-keeping and management information reports
- Ensuring that volunteer database, housing calendar, contact master and information sheets are kept up-to-date
- Website support and maintenance
- Fund development - grant writing, event planning, and finding more ways to diversify our funding.
- Marketing and communications
- Maintaining the ETIV finances and collecting money from volunteers
- Other ad hoc tasks
- Organizing and implementing a volunteer cleaning schedule and ensuring volunteer clean up after themselves and take turns taking out the garbage and compost.
- Maintaining house rules including quiet hours, guest policies, etc.
- Ensuring water and toilet paper do not run out
- Paying Bills
- Ensuring that volunteer accommodation is arranged before arrivals and liaising with accommodation partners
- Ensuring each volunteer receives their check out list before leaving
- Finding people to help us maintain the volunteer house and fix things as they break.
Please send a written cover letter and a copy of your resume or CV.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*