The Senior Legal Counsel, Global Antitrust is responsible for providing Legal Advice to IATA with particular emphasis on Antitrust and Competition Law. The position reports to the Deputy General Counsel and is supervised on tasks by the Assistant General Counsel, Global Antitrust. The Senior Legal Counsel is an active member of the IATA Legal team contributing to the Legal team's goals and vision.
- Understanding the competitive landscapes relevant to, and challenges, threats and opportunities faced by IATA and the aviation industry.
- Developing and participating in the comprehensive, global compliance and training program; ability to anticipate and mitigate antitrust and competition risks across jurisdictions for the airline industry.
- Advising IATA Legal Services, colleagues, strategy teams and businesses on a day-to-day basis on a wide variety of antitrust matters, including commercial agreements, strategy projects, compliance issues and standard setting activities.
- Communicating with antitrust regulators and representing and participating in meetings with such regulators on behalf of IATA.
- Managing antitrust-related investigations and inquiries.
- Reviewing and advising on pending and developing antitrust laws and regulations.
- Experience in antitrust/competition enforcement, defense and counseling; experience before U.S., European and/or Australian competition regulators is preferred.
- Mix of large law firm, government experience and in-house. A minimum of five years’ experience.
- Superior written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with legal and business colleagues of varying levels of seniority and sophistication regarding competition law matters.
- Proactive, solution-oriented approach.
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking, ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, and agility in managing multiple projects in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ability to manage external counsel efficiently.
- University degree in law, (LLB, JD, LLM) from an internationally recognized university with excellent credentials; admission to practice law in a relevant jurisdiction.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*