- Supports a formalized Special Operations Research Program between USSOCOM and Service/Joint PME institutions, appropriate civilian academic research institutions, and international research centers.
- Assesses other Joint PME and Centers of Excellence (COEs) to determine their educational, research, and courseware applicability to JSOU. The Resident Senior Fellows shall divide their duties among four areas (Research, JSOU Press support, Teaching, and JSOU service support) as follows.
- Drafts the annual JSOU Research Plan and facilitate the execution of the approved research plan.
- Conducts research and writing for publication in professional journals on topics within their published fields of expertise.
- Publishes a minimum of one large research project e.g. monograph) or two smaller research projects (chapter, article) each year.
- Supports courses (undergraduate or graduate) with instruction (e.g. lecture, seminar or case study). Resident Senior Fellows shall support SOF curriculum at Senior Professional Military Education institutions (e.g. specific lessons during the SOF Elective) as requested and directed.
- Plans and executes, or otherwise contribute as active participants, strategically focused, senior-level symposia of comparable quality to nationally recognized colleges and universities.
- Collaborates on education events and war games with faculty at other Joint PME institutions, NDU, Naval Postgraduate School (NPS), USSOCOM, and other post-secondary institutions.
- TOP SECRET/SCI clearance required.
- A terminal degree (PhD or EdD) in International relations, National Security Strategy, Security Studies, Strategic Communications, Political Science, International Affairs, Counterterrorism, Anthropology, History, Education or other field relevant to JSOU formal courses.
- By exception – MA/MS Degree with 15 years of SOF or related experience and familiarity with special operations and/or direct special operations experience; e.g., leadership position or corollary topic-focused professional experience within the special operations community; with service at the unified, sub-unified, or component command level or interagency role supporting the SOCOM enterprise.
- 10 years’ research and professional publications experience; Knowledge of industry standard publication and experience; published author in an academic journal or book.
- 15 years’ operational experience within the SOF, academic, or interagency community.
- 5 years’ expertise in national security affairs, or recognized academic experts on subjects of SOF Ground, Sea, Land, Air/Space, or Interagency.
- 5 years’ post-secondary instructor experience or have graduated from a Faculty Development Course recognized by the JSOU academic Dean
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*