The international fair labor nonprofit, Verité, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Program Manager in the Research Department to carry out and oversee research and analyses of labor and human rights issues and policies across the globe. The role may include conducting and managing desk and field research on a variety of countries, sectors, and labor and human rights issues; analyzing qualitative and quantitative data; and drafting and editing in-depth reports, policy briefs, and grant proposals. The position will report to a Program Director in the Research Department and will be based out of Verité’s headquarters in Amherst, MA. This is envisioned as a substantive position within the organization, with significant potential for advancement.
· Write and edit accurate, unbiased, comprehensive, and timely reports on labor laws, labor practices and abuses, human trafficking, and other relevant subjects.
· Participate in the development, delivery, and management of research projects, projects to empower workers and improve their conditions of work, policy initiatives, and company and multi-stakeholder engagements.
· Manage interns and overseas researchers across the globe.
· Analyze qualitative and quantitative data for projects including our annual study of labor law and practices in 25 countries.
· Assist in development of grant proposals, concept notes, and other fundraising efforts as needed.
· MA in fields such as: political science, economics, sociology, anthropology, international development, international relations, human rights, international law, or business (with a focus on corporate social responsibility), or at least 5 years of related professional experience in similar fields.
· Excellent English language writing and editing skills
· Ability to process, organize, and analyze large amounts of information quickly
· Excellent organizational skills
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Self-driven and able to work independently
· Intellectually curious
· Passionate about global human rights issues
· Systemic/big picture thinker
· Extensive knowledge of MS Office package, with at least intermediate Excel skills
· Experience with qualitative and/or quantitative field research methods
· Familiarity with specific regions and/or labor and human rights issues
· Familiarity with data processing (SPSS, Stata, etc.), data visualization (Tableau, Mapbox, etc.), and/or relational database (Postgres) software
· Fluency in a world language, with a strong preference for Spanish and Portuguese
· Experience working across cultures and with diverse populations
Verité is committed to a diverse work force and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expressions, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please send a cover letter, resume/CV, and two writing samples – a short (1- to 3 page) essay or issue brief, and a longer (15+ page) research paper – no later than May 30, 2017 to: Quinn Kepes, 44 Belchertown Rd., Amherst, MA 01002 or [email protected]
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*