IGD is looking for a motivated Development Assistant that will help to maintain and expand IGD’s network of innovative companies and partners committed to business-driven development in Africa. Responsibilities will include reporting directly to the CEO and providing administrative support. Additional activities include researching and creating background reports on potential members and partners, assisting with the administrative planning and logistics for IGD’s upcoming Frontier 100 Forum in Washington, DC, and maintaining and adding to trackers in both Excel and Salesforce. The Assistant will also work directly with the CEO to provide one-on-one administrative support. Through the position, the Development Assistant will gain exposure to many influential decision makers, have the opportunity to attend pertinent events, and become a truly integral member of the IGD team.
1. EXECUTIVE SUPPORT TO THE CEO (60% of TIME)
· Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including:
o Managing an extremely active calendar of appointments
o Completing expense reports
o Composing and preparing correspondence
o Arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas
o Compiling documents and memos for meetings.
o Answers and routes incoming calls; make outgoing calls on behalf of CEO
o Handle executive’s incoming and outgoing mail and mail documents.
· Helps CEO to strategically and effectively manage his schedule by prioritizing conflicting needs; and handling matters expeditiously, proactively, and following-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
· Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
· Ensures the CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Act as a "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time.
· Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with members, Board members, Advisory Council Members, staff, and outside partners.
· Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages variety of special projects for the CEO, completing critical aspects of deliverables on time and to a high standard of quality.
2. IGD MEMBERSHIP AND PROGRAMMATIC SUPPORT (30% OF TIME)
· Input data into Salesforce.com and work with the Development/Membership Team to effectively manage all members. Ensure that all information, including meeting notes from calls and meetings, is up-to-date and organized.
· Enable IGD’s staff to be more productive by providing a wide range of administrative support functions on additional IGD initiatives and programs (e.g. Bi-Annual Frontier Leader Forums) as needed (time permitting).
· Works closely with the CEO, VP, and Development Manager to collect, organize, and disseminate all materials for quarterly Board meetings.
· Manages all logistics for quarterly Board meetings.
3. GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE AND OFFICE SUPPORT (10% OF TIME)
· Receives guests and serves as the initial face of the organization.
· Ensures the office is organized and well-presented to welcome guests at any time.
· Organizes weekly staff meetings including: preparation of meeting agendas; recording, disseminating and archiving meeting minutes and related documents.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*