Vital Voices Global Partnership (www.vitalvoices.org), a leading international non-governmental organization committed to advancing women's leadership in the areas of economic empowerment, human rights, and political participation, seeks a talented professional with strong program development and implementation skills for the position of Program Coordinator for Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC).
The Program Coordinator will support all the Voices Against Violence Initiative. The Coordinator will also provide regional and linguistic expertise for the Human Rights Department’s programs and work in Latin America & Caribbean. The Program Coordinator’s work will include cross-team collaboration. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Director of Programs, Human Rights.
· Financial Management: Drafting program budgets, update forecasts, and track project spending. Working with the Vital Voices Finance team to process invoices and expense reports.
· Communications: Create 1-pagers, concept notes, other communications documents for Human Rights team and specific program. Develop and edit program descriptions on VV website and other print or electronic media.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field plus 2 – 4 years of work experience required, OR Graduate degree in in international relations or a related field, plus 1 – 3 years of work experience required.
· Strong demonstrated interest in global women’s issues and human rights, particularly gender-based violence;
· Experience living, working and/or studying in the Latin America & Caribbean region;
· Advanced language proficiency in Spanish, REQUIRED;
· Advanced language proficiency in French, preferred;
· Excellent oral and written communications skills;
· Grant management experience, including development of requests for proposals, and ability to effectively coordinate with sub-grantees;
· Strong research and analytical skills, with an emphasis on keen editing skills and attention to detail;
· Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team is key;
· Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes in difficult conditions, is necessary;
· Experience with database management and case management;
· Demonstrated cultural sensitivity required; and
· Strong computer skills including MS Office applications, social networking tools, and database software (i.e. Salesforce).
The Human Rights Program Coordinator position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. Domestic and international travel up to 20 – 40% may be required for the position. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
To apply: Please e-mail a letter of interest, resume, writing sample, and three references with complete contact information.
Use "Program Coordinator LAC, Human Rights – (Full Name)" as the subject of your e-mail.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*