IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
Title: LNG Research Apprentice - part-time 20 hours/week
Summary: We are seeking an apprentice to join us to support IHS’ Global LNG Subscription Research team on global gas and LNG markets and supply analysis. Work could be focused on any region.
General Job Duties:
- The main task on markets research is to follow developments in countries around the world by updating in-house databases covering supply, demand, prices and trade for gas and power.
- There will be the opportunity to write natural gas market reports on countries for which data is collected.
- Additional responsibilities may include researching and write company profiles. Profiles are documents that detail a company's worldwide LNG assets, financial performance and resource commercialization strategy. They combine information to produce data-driven insight and analysis.
- As opportunities arise, additional tasks could include LNG supply/demand forecasting, and broader support for the team’s subscription efforts.
Specific Job Duties:
- Find and transcribe natural gas data from industry sources.
- Interpret data by looking for changing trends and communicate these to the members of the team.
- Update market profiles using collected data.
- University degree in progress or completed (Bachelors, Masters or equivalent) in Economics, International Relations, or related field.
- Demonstrated interest in global gas and LNG.
- Excel proficiency is a must (no modeling required), as is an affinity for data and primary research
- Excellent English writing skills are important since some tasks will require writing short or long reports depending on the content
- Attention to detail is critical as this work feeds directly into client deliverables
- Able to work in teams across offices and with members in other practices in a cooperative and efficient manner
- Analytical, quantitative, and able to see the big picture and draw conclusions by synthesizing and digesting large sets of data
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*