The voice of European publishers, News Media Europe (NME) promotes the interests of the news media industry to the European Union institutions.
Our aims are simple: To uphold and enhance the freedom to publish and to champion the news brands – in print and online – that are powering the creative industries of the EU.
We work in close partnership with those organisations who believe in the key principles which are vital to us all – protecting the freedom of the press, championing the digital future of our industry, and ensuring that the value of content is properly protected.
- You will monitor EU policy developments and help us keep our members updated on what is happening in the EU;
- Your legal & policy acumen will be used to conduct ad hoc research;
- We know it is a pain, but general administrative work and office tasks might be part of your routine as well;
- You will represent News Media Europe in public events;
- Last but not least, you will be involved in some social media activities.
….We are a small team with an attitude – show us your best self and opportunities for more responsibilities will rise soon!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You are persistent and have a proven passion for tech and media law;
- You are creative, a strong team player and have a no-nonsense mentality;
- You are enthusiastic about the EU and its complex legislative procedures;
- You are confident and outspoken with excellent analytical and communication skills;
- You know how to tell a joke;
- Not the most important thing, but being able to tell a story using 140 characters is an asset we would appreciate;
- Your English is awesome but we’re happy to be blown away in any other language you might speak;
- You are available for a minimum of 6 months and you can start by the end of August 2017;
IMPORTANT: You need to be able to provide a “convention de stage”.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A unique experience with a young and ambitious Brussels based organisation. There is a lot of room for new and creative ideas;
- You’ll be working for a very interesting industry vital to the European democratic process;
- You’ll be part of a small and energetic team;
- We’ll do our best to make your time with us fun;
- We know karma doesn’t pay the bill so you’ll be getting a monthly stipend.
Find more about us on www.newsmediaeurope.eu and follow us on twitter @newsmediaEU
Interested? Mail your CV and motivation by 9th August. Interviews will be held between 16 and 18 August.
Due to the expected high number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*