YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY ...
ensuring that Action Against Hunger-USA responds to the humanitarian needs in up to two countries as well as through a US based global/research project portfolio. The Director of Programs will be responsible for the coordination and line management of the Country Directors and the Program Officer. The position oversees the management of his/her assigned missions’ grants, financial planning, security, and team management, as well as the development of project proposals in line with local needs and Action Against Hunger’s strategic direction. When suitable, the Director of Programs conducts and/or arranges exploratory missions within existing missions, or to open operations in new countries.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
- Supervising mission activities in assigned countries as well as for the US based global/research project portfolio, providing leadership and vision to Action Against Hunger’s program agenda, contributing to operational strategy, supporting the development of new programs or missions and linking to other headquarters' departments for coherent mission support.
- Ensuring that each mission or project portfolio under his/her supervision operates based on sound humanitarian principles; following Action Against Hunger’s operational strategy and quality standards, and communicating, advocating and representing on behalf of the mission.
- Supporting and following up field missions on: security management, strategic direction, advocacy and communications, financial accontability, grant management, donor relations, human resources, program support and emergency responses.
- Developing and enhancing relationship with key regional stakeholders, representing and defending Action Against Hunger’s interest, positions, programmes and operations at all relevant regional platforms.
You’re a dedicated and experienced professional
- You have Master’s degree in international relations, international development and policy, or a related field, together with at least five years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You have experience working as a Country Director, preferably with Action Against Hunger, and for durations longer than routine project / program planning cycles.
- You also have experience working in highly political, complex emergency, developmental and insecure environments.
You’re passionate about humanitarian work
- You are genuinely interested in and commitment to the humanitarian principles and strategic objectives of Action Against Hunger.
- You can demonstrable knowledge of international humanitarian affairs and a solid understanding of donor policies and procedures (including ECHO, DIPECHO, EU, USAID, UN, DFID, SIDA, DFATD).
- You are a manager with excellent coordination skills and have the ability to work cooperatively with employees at all levels.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*