Background/IRC Summary: The Creative Services & Brand Team functions as an in-house ad agency for the entire IRC. It’s our mission to create best in class creative work and provide excellent client services to all of our key stakeholders. This includes, but is not limited to, digital assets of all kinds, videos, print ads, brochures and collateral. Currently we are a small, but mighty, group of 7 looking to expand the size and skill set of our creative team. For us to be competitive with peer NGO’s vying for the same dollars, excellence in digital media is a “must have”. The team must capable of quickly turning market insights and opportunities into digital advertising and promotion.
Job Overview/Summary: The team is looking for someone to lead the digital design discipline for the Creative Services & Brand Team. That person must possess a clean, modern design aesthetic and the ability to think and solve complex marketing challenges. S/he will be responsible for the management, growth and output of the digital design team. S/he must also be capable of working and coordinating with other creative members of the team, as well as client stakeholders, to ensure that all communication channels are speaking with a unified voice. Additionally, s/he will manage the photographic and video archiving staff and lead in the creation of a digital asset management system for the IRC. The right pers on for this job is both a good, hands on designer who can create compelling, engaging online advertising for the IRC, create inspiring and successful designs for e-commerce web pages and manage a team. The job is fast paced – global emergencies happen without warning and we need to respond quickly, intelligently and in a voice that is uniquely IRC. The person best suited for this role will have their fingers on the pulse of world events as well as modern digital design.
* Lead digital marketing relationships with the DM USA and DM New Markets team
* With an in-depth knowledge of the category and technology this person will be on point and spearhead the execution of digital fundraising tactics for the Creative Services and Brand Team
* Stay on track with emerging digital trends and culture, attending events and engaging with the wider digital creative community and report back to the team
Manage and lead the team of asset archivists
- Liaise with Communications team to collect and organize all photographic and video assets and create an organized asset management system for the IRC
Partner with all client stakeholders, both domestically and internationally, to conceptualize and execute compelling best in class digital assets.
- Offices will be opening in Canada and possibly Australia in the next year. This person will service this clientele initially and help hire and manage the staff needed for those offices.
Partner with fundraising clients to create e-commerce microsites and landing pages that compliment online and offline marketing efforts.
- Knowledge of design best practices in e-commerce are needed to in ensure the IRC is competitive in this crowded humanitarian sector
* Produce animations and infographics for the digital marketing environment
* Capable of managing full project lifecycle – from brief and pitch to usability and build
* Articulating and presenting creative ideas/treatments to teams and client stakeholders
* Act as ambassador of CS&B in meetings
* Other jobs as assigned by the Sr. Dir. Of Creative Services and Brand
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Director of Creative & Brand
Position directly supervises: Manager of Photographic Archive & Manager of Video Archive
Indirect Reporting: Creative Services & Brand answers in to the VP of Marketing (Michael Burlingame)
Other Internal and/or external contacts: The Director of Digital Design would work directly with IRC stakeholders (internal) and, where indicated, with IRC Partners (external).
* 8-10 years of experience (preferably in an advertising or social media agency)
* Exquisite design sense and attention to detail
* Experience in designing engaging, graphically stunning websites, apps, interfaces and/or digital campaigns (including banners, microsites, emails)
* An exceptional online portfolio showcasing innovative design concepts and highly considered visual executions
* Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Specifically Photoshop, After Effects and Illustrator)
* Command of HTML and CSS
* Proven understanding of typography, layout, color and grid structures
* Understanding of the relationship between design and e-commerce
* Strong interpersonal skills, collegial and collaborative, high energy, good humored and a creative leader
* Developed understanding of the appropriate ways of working and business standards required to create a high performing & accountable environment for creative colleagues
* Independent, self-motivated and entrepreneurial with the ability to rapidly adapt to changing circumstances, while maintaining focus on the end goal
* Experience in creative problem solving in low resource organizations
Working Environment: A collegiate environment working collaboratively across GPP and broader IRC. Strong sense of transparency and accountability to ensure we are doing right by our beneficiaries and donors, exemplifying the IRC Way. New York based- working from home one day a week is permitted.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*