News Deeply builds networks of passionate communities that allow key stakeholders to engage and exchange valuable insights. Our knowledge-driven platforms serve as the go-to hub for each topic, bringing together influencers in an immersive content experience that includes articles, videos, newsletters, data and research, community conversations and events.
We are seeking a Community Manager based in either New York, Beirut, London, or Paris. This person will lead audience engagement and development efforts for a 10-month project (starting mid-September) to help launch and develop a platform that will focus on malnutrition and stunting, especially in the developing world. This is a high-impact role, working closely with our editorial and product teams internally and with our stakeholder audience externally.
- Map, grow, and strengthen our audience of policymakers, academics, corporates, NGOs, and journalists.
- Engage the community through editorial projects (e.g., Q&As, op-eds), conversations on each platform and social media, live and virtual events, and user research.
- Understand and translate user needs, metrics, and journeys into actionable items to be executed in conjunction with the editorial and product teams.
- Develop and execute effective amplification and promotion efforts through social media, newsletters, and media partnerships.
- 3-5 years of experience in journalism, social media, copywriting, public relations, community outreach, user research and/or data analysis.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience in amplifying content and engaging with expert audiences across social platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Quora.
- Comfort with high-touch engagement with high-level stakeholders.
- Creativity, problem solving, and grit, with ability to pick up the slack and be the glue between multiple teams.
- Team player, with experience working with and coordinating across multiple priorities and team members in several timezones.
- Domain experience in nutrition and stunting issues and their respective communities is a big plus.
- Desire to work in a high-impact environment with colleagues who are passionate to surface vital information and connect communities on the topics that matter deeply to the state of work.
- Note: Some travel may be required.
Interested parties please send a resume and cover letter.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*