The Development and Outreach Department of Human Rights Watch (“HRW”) is seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of Associate to provide administrative assistance to the Development and Outreach Department. The position supports the organization’s strategic development initiatives and reports to the Senior Director of Americas Initiatives based in New York.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Americas Initiatives, including scheduling internal and external meetings, preparing donor mailings, preparing for and taking minutes at meetings, recording and processing divisional finances, making travel arrangements, answering phones, processing mail and maintaining accurate file-keeping;
- Track gifts and mass stewardship of Americas Initiatives donors;
- Produce financial reporting for the Americas Initiatives team;
- Assist in organizing all year end and fiscal year end solicitations for the Americas Initiatives team;
- Draft and edit pledge, gift, and meeting acknowledgment letters and other correspondence;
- Update Raiser’s Edge database records with pledges, call reports, research profiles, and other data;
- Monitor and coordinate internal organization-wide communication on relevant donors and prospects;
- Conduct web-based prospect research;
- Retrieve and respond to internal and external requests for information;
- Recruit, train, coordinate, and supervise interns as necessary; and
- Carry out other duties as required.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in international relations, journalism, social sciences, or related studies is required.
Experience: A minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience is required. `
Related Skills and Knowledge:
- Prior office/administration experience is required; Experience in prospect research or other related research is highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required;
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including patience and a sense of humor, as well as the ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously are required.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills with meticulous attention to detail are required.
- Ability to prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently as well as function as a member of a team is required.
- Proficiency in computer programs including MS Office applications is required; Experience with Raiser’s Edge and donor databases is highly desirable.
- Strong interest in international human rights is required.
Other: Applicants for this position must possess current US work authorization valid for a minimum of two years from start date.
Salary and Benefits: Salary range starts at $45,150. Human Rights Watch offers comprehensive employer-paid benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, an outstanding retirement savings plan and twenty (20) days of vacation per year.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*