On an as needed basis, dependent on shortages; works in the Global Security Operations Center monitoring worldwide events for possible impact to Johnson Controls assets. Determines impact of events and notify key stakeholders of specific event recommendations and intelligence information. Tracks Johnson Controls Assets to include 1500 daily travelers, nearly 200 internationally assigned employees, 1500 facilities and over 135,000 employees in 150 countries worldwide.
Responsibilities also include monitoring local cameras and alarms for our Milwaukee area sites and controlling access to buildings and grounds.
POSITION REPORTS TO:
LOCATION & SCHEDULE:
This position will mainly cover vacations and shortages during all three shifts both weekends and weekdays. Hours may vary from week to week depending on availability.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Spends the majority of time stationed at a computer terminal, researching global events, determining impact to assets, and notifying key stakeholders of pertinent information.
- Interacts with employees globally, maintaining the highest level of customer service in order to best assist when an event has impacted our employees, sites, or operations.
- Determines risk rating for travel requests and inputs information into database.
- Create access badges and troubleshoot access requests as needed.
- Provides a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction with each employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presents a positive image of the organization and its security department.
- Communicates in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in all situations; to the extent authorized, provides information regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
- Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles; monitors remote entrances using closed-circuit television; operates remote access devices;
- Prepares logs or reports as required for site; writes or types reports or enters information in a computer using standard grammar; inspects security control logs and takes action as required.
- Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to representatives, company management, life/safety personnel or public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances and/or as required by the site.
- When necessary, assists in local security duties including responding to emergency situations.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must pass an extensive background investigation to include a drug test
- Either a graduate of or currently enrolled in an associate or college degree program in a related field (Intelligence, International Relations/Law, IT, Criminal Justice, Political Science, Crisis Management, etc.) or;
- 2 years of relevant experience in one or more of the following; Law Enforcement, former or current Military personnel, Correctional Officer, graduate of a recognized police training academy or experience as a Security Officer in a hospital, educational or corporate setting. Experience in an Operations/Call/Command Center work environment. Preference given to those with prior GSOC, intelligence or analyst experience.
- Computer proficiency with previous experience in Excel, Outlook, and other Office programs with the ability to quickly learn additional computer programs.
- Must be able to safely and effectively perform a variety of physical duties including; extended periods of sitting.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful, time sensitive situations.
- Ability to effectively and professionally respond to sensitive or emergency situations.
- Must demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to successfully communicate with people of varying backgrounds, nationalities, and countries of origin.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*