Saferworld is an independent international organisation working to prevent violent conflict and build safer lives. We work with local people affected by conflict to improve their safety and sense of security, and conduct wider research and analysis.
Internships at Saferworld are salaried opportunities that offer the opportunity for individuals to further their career goals, while helping Saferworld tackle drivers of international conflict
The Intern will support our policy and advocacy work with the EU and member states (including the UK) on some or all of the following priorities:
- Peacebuilding responses to crises and threats (counter-terror, stabilisation, migration);
- Global conflict policy processes (Gender peace and security, Sustainable Development Goals, New Deal, etc.)
- Arms control.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with the EU Policy and Advocacy Coordinator and the wider Global Policy and Advocacy team to implement Saferworld’s Strategic Plan 2017-2021, in particular supporting plans on peacebuilding responses, global conflict policy processes, and its advocacy towards the EU and its member states (including the UK);
- Support the EU Policy and Advocacy Coordinator in building relationships with EU institutions and member states, and assisting with networking visits from other staff and partners;
- Support for events and policy dialogues activities, including event design, budgeting and financial management;
- Monitor relevant debates on peace and conflict issues at the EU level, in relevant member states (including the UK), and in multilateral institutions;
- Contribute to and support the development and implementation of other PAC-led strategies and projects as appropriate;
- Support monitoring and learning processes, and project design as appropriate;
- Assist in writing and editing research, analysis and communications on priority themes, and contribute to drafting high quality briefings, policy documents, blogs and other communications aimed at policy-makers, donor governments, international institutions, parliamentarians and journalists;
- Engage and coordinate Saferworld inputs into civil society networks working on priority themes;
- Work with priority country programmes to coordinate international advocacy on key conflict issues, and to support mutual learning and collaboration;
- Conduct desk research in support of Saferworld’s policy advisory work, and share relevant updates, news articles and studies with interested colleagues;
- Support the drafting of funding applications and donor reports, and assist with the accurate and ongoing monitoring of project funds.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*